1. After you’ve painted a room you should cut up an onion and leave one half at each end of the room. The onion will neutralise the paint fumes so you won’t have to wait days for the paint smell to go.
2. To get rid of grease stains on your carpet, apply some corn flour and let it get to work for 15 – 20 minutes before you hoover it up. Wipe the carpet with a damp cloth and your stains should have disappeared. If not, repeat the process.
3. If you have lots of wires behind your TV or computer that look untidy then you might be tempted to buy a wire tidy kit but you could use a kitchen roll tube instead. You just need to thread the wires neatly through the tube and in a matter of seconds you’ll have a much neater space.
4. Trying to clean a dirty vase that’s too narrow to fit your hand can be a struggle. Simply fill with water and add an indigestion relief tablet. Leave for a few minutes before shaking and then rinse. Your vase will be left sparkling like new.
5. If you have a piece of IKEA furniture in your home that you don’t use, why not repurpose it? The website IKEA Hackers has plenty of ingenious ideas. For instance, they have sixteen different ways you can use a LACK table which include using it as a stool, a noticeboard, a headboard, a child’s play table and a storage box.