About Cookies

We use cookies on this website to give you the best possible experience.  To find out more and to stop cookies please go to our cookie policy.

Buy to let info
My account/Register

Loading, please wait...

Why register?

It's easier to find your ideal home with an account – and you'll be the first to hear about new homes

Please enter a location, postcode, development name or school so we can show you the right results.
Please enter a location or postcode so we can show you the right results.

Customer Service

Browse our FAQs


What if I don’t receive my utility bills?

If you do not receive a utility bill within the first three months, please contact your utility supplier. The relevant information you require can be located in your “Move In File”.

When will I receive my first utility bill?

You will receive your first bill within the first three months, following legal completion. 

When will I be informed of my energy suppliers?

You will be notified of your energy suppliers when you move into your new home. 

Taking the meter readings for your new home?

Your start meter readings for all services will be read when you move into your new home and recorded on the Customer Acceptance Certificate.

Your Home Warranty

Does the 2 year warranty cover lost keys?

No. All new homeowners are provided with a set of keys to their new home upon legal completion. We cannot accept any responsibility for lost keys after legal completion.

Does my warranty cover out-of-hours emergencies?

If you are still within your 2 year warranty period you are entitled to out of hours emergency support, for further details visit our warranty page.

Is my central heating system covered under my warranty?

To get the best out of your central heating system, make sure you carefully read the manufacturer’s operating instructions. Both your boiler and cylinder must be serviced annually to ensure that the 2 year warranty remains valid.  You will be required to provide evidence of the service should we need to attend to a fault. 

Is storm damage covered by my warranty?

Any cost, loss or damage resulting from storm-force (or more severe) weather is not covered. You are advised to make contact with your insurers.

Does the warranty with my home cover everything?

Please refer to the NHBC website for more information. 

How can I find out more about the NHBC Buildmark warranty?

Full details of the NHBC Buildmark policy can be found here

How can I find out more about my 2 year builders warranty and what is covered?

Please refer to the NHBC website for more information. 

Making Changes to your New Home

Will my warranty be affected if I change the plan of my home?

Is it always best to check this with your local customer service department before commencing any work. Your local customer service department can be contacted via Contact Us page

Is there a charge for planning permission?

This depends on the policy of your local authority. In certain circumstances you may also need building regulations approval, for which a charge will be made.

How do I get planning permission if I want to make changes to my home?

This has to be obtained from the local authority using the local planning portal which can be accessed via the website.

Useful link :


What will I need planning permission for?

You will need planning consent for any extension to your property which is not covered by what is known as permitted development, which allows for certain extensions such as conservatories to be built without the need for planning consent. Whether an extension falls within permitted development depends upon the location of the property, whether any additional extension has taken place, the location of the proposed extension and its size and whether your property is detached or not.


Whether or not you need or obtain permission of a lessor or developer you may still need planning consent and you should refer to the governments’ planning portal, which provides guidance on what is permitted development without planning consent or building regulations approval and what is not.

What do I need to do if I want to build a conservatory?

You may require our consent or, if the property is leasehold, the consent of the lessor, who will be the person to whom you pay ground rent. If your property is freehold and less than 10 years' old, our consent as developer would definitely be required.


You may also require planning consent from your local authority, depending upon a number of factors relating to the size and position of the proposed conservatory and whether your property is detached or not. You should seek guidance from your local planning authority.

Looking after your new home and garden

What happens if it keeps beeping?

Check the batteries and, if necessary, gently vacuum any dust that may be settling on the sensor.

How do I look after my smoke alarm?

To continue offering protection your smoke alarms need regular maintenance:

  • Once a year replace the battery
  • Once a month check the alarm by pressing the test button
  • Once a year vacuum and wipe the smoke alarm casing to ensure dust isn't blocking the sensor chamber.

Whatever happens, never remove the battery to use for other purposes

What could I do if I have mould?

Mould is due to a lack of ventilation. To eliminate it try applying a bleach-like solution and wiping away with a clean cloth. Ensure window vents are open.

What happens if I get condensation?

Condensation is caused by steam and vapour turning into water when it touches cold surfaces such as windows, floors and walls. To minimise this, you should:


• Keep your new home warm and ventilated, e.g. open windows and keep trickle vents open.

• Close bathroom and kitchen doors while in use and operate trickle vents / ventilation fans. Also, open windows after baths, cooking, washing etc.

• Put washing outdoors to dry if you can or if drying indoors, keep a window open. If you are using a tumble dryer, check that it is vented to the outside (unless you have a self-condensing type).

• If condensation has occurred you should mop up as much as possible, heat the room, open the window a little and keep the door shut.

Will I get shrinkage in my home?

Plasterwork needs to dry out properly. While this is taking place, some small cracks may appear. These are not a major issue and can easily be filled in when you first decorate. Shrinkage cracks are not a structural problem and can be minimised by using your central heating sparingly at first and keeping your home well ventilated.

Can I use the loft for storage?

This is not a designated storage area and should not be loaded

with personal property. This could cause damage and also affect ventilation, which can cause condensation.

Caring for your drains?

The drainage of your property and neighbouring properties can be affected by wrongly disposing of products such as nappies or sanitary towels. The toilet system is only designed for human waste and toilet roll; any other rubbish can cause blockages and serious problems.

Checking your guttering

As the autumn leaves begin to fall they can easily build up in the gutters, which can restrict the water flow and in some cases, completely block downpipes. It is important that you check all gutters to ensure they remain free from all obstructions. This falls into the remit of household maintenance.

How to care for your garden

Once you have legally completed, caring for your garden – looking after your shrubs and trees – is your responsibility. Water your new turf thoroughly to avoid it dying off and avoid walking on the newly laid turf for approximately six weeks, to allow it time to bed in.