June saw the eagerly anticipated two-bedroom Show Apartment launch at Upton Gardens, Barratt London’s exciting new development in Newham comprising 842 properties and formerly home to West Ham United Football Club.
An exciting destination with sporting flavour.
The design of Upton Gardens strongly identifies with the former football ground it is built on, with the layout of the buildings shadowing the layout of the old stadium, balcony latticework reflecting football goal nets and a small circus exactly where the centre circle of the pitch was.
“A great deal of thought has gone into the design of Upton Gardens to ensure the legacy of the site, with its historical significance and importance to West Ham Football Club, is preserved." – Pam Reardon, Sales Director for Barratt London.
The development has been designed to maximise green areas, all homes have access to communal gardens and landscaping, including a direct walkway to Priory Park behind the site. Amenities including a concierge, fully equipped gym and underground parking. There is storage for over 1000 bikes, and the area benefits from good cycle links to central London - Cycle Superhighway 2 runs directly from Stratford to Aldgate. In addition, a number of new community amenities such as a large public library and cafés are being built as part of the site.
Inside, relax in modern homes offering tasteful décor and features including:
- Generous glazing proving an abundance of natural light
- Spacious balconies and terraces
- Large, well-proportioned living spaces lending themselves to entertaining
- Plenty of storage space
- Contemporary kitchens with integrated appliances
- Bathrooms with Grohe brassware and attractive ceramic floor tiling
- Underfloor heating throughout
Be sure to visit our brand new two-bedroom Show Apartment, designed Andrew Henry Interiors this beautiful apartment oozes sophistication and style. With a hand-painted London wall mural and a natural colour palette supported by a variety of textures and materials including copper and glass, it won’t fail to impress.
“Our collaborative approach means every room we design tells a life story. A story which excites and inspires…”.
Upton Gardens is located in Zone 3, an up-and-coming area currently benefiting from significant urban regeneration and infrastructure investment. Located a six-minute walk from the development, Upton Park Underground station connects you to Liverpool Street in 15 minutes, Canary Wharf in 16 minutes and the West End in 31 minutes.
- Explore the independent shops on Green Street including colourful sari shops, fruit & textile markets and bakeries offering mouth-watering fare.
- Queen’s Market is four minutes away, a covered food market showcasing fresh African, African-Caribbean and South Asian cuisine.
- For even more variety, head to nearby bohemian Mile End, home to quirky atelier cafés and independently owned restaurants catering to every palate.
- Westfield Stratford, can be reached in 11 minutes from Upton Park Underground to cater for all your shopping needs, when evening falls there are bars, restaurants, a bowling alley and 17 screen cinema.
- If you enjoy sports and fitness, Stratford also has it all with its Olympic heritage sites including The London Aquatic Centre and Lee Valley VeloPark.
Drop by our Sales Suite located on Green Street, London, E13 9AZ to find our more, or call our Sales Advisers on 0844 811 4334 to book your viewing of our Show Apartment.