Rewarding excellence in health and safety practice, congratulations to Enderby Wharf.
The NHBC Healthy and Safety awards are the UK’s only health and safety awards scheme exclusively for home builders. Primarily designed to recognise and reward the very best in health and safety, the Awards are also helping to drive up safety standards in the industry by showcasing and sharing best practice.
Sites are scored against a list of pre-set criteria by an independent judging panel, for the Best Site Awards, during their site visits the judges will be looking for:
- Effective planning for health and safety before the project starts
- A well trained and experienced site manager
- An infrastructure that supports the site manager in matters of health and safety i.e. top down as well as bottom up
- Adequate resources (appropriate to the size and complexity of the project) having been allocated to manage health and safety on site
- Proper selection of contractors that takes account of health and safety competence
- Effective communication with all staff on health and safety issues
- A tidy, well-organised site
- Operatives who have an understanding of the importance of working safely and correctly using appropriate personal protective equipment
- Effective implementation on monitoring compliance with site rules.
Congratulations to Tony Shopland who on behalf of the Enderby Wharf team won ‘Commended Best Site’ in the 2017 awards. A fantastic achievement displaying the teams commitment and priority to health and safety.
To view all 2017 commended winners read more here.