Graduates at Barratt London hosted a five-a-side football tournament to raise funds for The Prince’s Trust Million Makers Challenge.
For the third consecutive year, Barratt London’s first year ASPIRE graduates have undertaken The Prince’s Trust Million Makers Challenge.
This year, all of the Barratt Developments PLC graduates teamed up to undertake six projects for the challenge. Events ran across England over the past six months and included:
- Rugby World Cup themed gala dinner
- Barratt World Cup – a five-a-side football tournament hosted in London and Derby
- Paving the Way – a sponsored bricks scheme at the Ridgeway Development in Dunstable
- Creating a Homebuilder Careers app to encourage young people to join the house-building industry
- Sponsored tree planting workshops at schools across the country
- A gruelling Ten Peaks Challenge in the Lake District
On 20 August, the Barratt London graduates hosted the Barratt London World Cup at the Powerleague Docklands in London. The five-a-side tournament consisted of 21 teams and five mini leagues. The knock-out stages took Armarii and Billericay Fencing to the Cup Final, with Billericay Fencing taking home the Cup.
Billericay Fencing, Winners of the Barratt London World Cup
The tournament raised £6,250, and alongside other projects the graduates have raised a total of £60,000, with more funds to be tallied. All proceeds from the six projects will benefit The Prince’s Trust charity, helping to change the lives of young people across the UK.
Follow the link to read more about The Prince’s Trust Million Makers Challenge on princes-trust.org.uk. If you would like to sponsor one of the Barratt London graduates, please visit www.justgiving.com/teams/barrattgraduate.