When you buy at Hendon Waterside, you are making a smart decision and we believe there’s no place better to invest. Here are our reasons why Hendon Waterside is a great place to buy.
A brand new neighbourhood
In 2010, just over a mile from Hendon Waterside, an exciting £4bn masterplan was agreed for the creation of a new town centre.
The masterplan includes:
- The regeneration of 370 acres of land
- The transformation of Brent Cross Shopping Centre providing further shopping and entertainment facilities from stores such as Fenwick and John Lewis
- 7,500 new homes and 27,000 new jobs
- Three rebuilt schools
- New parks and community facilities
Visit west-hendon.co.uk for more information about the regeneration of West Hendon.
Hendon Waterside is part of the major regeneration of West Hendon. The development will provide new parks, leisure facilities, community centre and a school all within the surroundings of the Welsh Harp reservoir.
There will also be many improvements to transportation in the area including a new train station and improved road and public transport infrastructure.
We look after your home for the long term
Our on-site property management company, Barratt Residential Asset Management (BRAM), was set up to exclusively manage and maintain the communal areas and surroundings of almost all our developments. You can trust BRAM to take care of your property’s surroundings long after you’ve moved in, allowing you total peace of mind when buying a new Barratt London home.
A five-star house builder since 2009
For the eighth year running, 90%^ of our** customers said they would recommend us to their friends or family – the only major national house builder to be awarded the maximum five-star rating, in the annual Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction survey in 2017.
A well-connected hub
Hendon is an exceptionally well-connected area. It’s serviced by many tube, rail and bus transport links that provide easy access to the rest of London.
Hendon station in zone 3 is only a few minutes’ walk from Hendon Waterside. You can be at London St Pancras International in just 17 minutes.
Alternatively, Hendon Central station for the Northern line is only a 15 minute walk away where you can be in Euston station in 17 minutes.
In addition, for drivers, Hendon has great access to the M1, M25, A41 A1 and A406.
A green location great for outdoor activities
Hendon is surrounded by generous amounts of parks and green spaces with never a shortage of things to do and enjoy. You can assimilate the benefits of a country lifestyle while knowing you’re within easy reach to the bustle of city.
- Hendon Park –just opposite Hendon Central tube station with tennis courts and a café
- Explore the 70 hectares of green space and open water of the Welsh Harp that surrounds Hendon Waterside
- Head to nearby Fryent Country Park with 103 acres of beautiful Middlesex countryside where you can do a walk from the car park to the top of Barn Hill where there's a pond and great views towards Wembley
- Golf lovers will love the abundance of local golf courses – take you pick from Hendon Golf Club, Mill Hill Golf Club, Hampstead Golf Club and Finchley Golf Club
- Stop by the popular RAF Museum in neighbouring Colindale for a fun day out – bring a picnic or sample the homemade cakes in the café
- Take the little ones to Belmont Children’s Farm for a great family day out. Get to know the animals, help to take care of them, take a tractor ride or enjoy a picnic.
London is expanding
People are finding central London crowded and overpriced and more of us are looking to move further afield. Hendon is an established area on the outskirts of London, popular among professionals who desire more space and a quieter pace of life.
Among the benefits of moving outwards are:
- You'll have more disposable income to be able to enjoy a better quality of life
- You can look forward to even better travel connections with transport links and journey times are continuing to improve between Zones 3 to 6
- Attractive rental yields can be achieved as you move further afield
At Hendon Waterside, you are well catered for with an assortment of on-site facilities.
- A daytime concierge service will greet your visitors and take care of your parcels
- Two communal rooftop gardens in Woodlark Apartments offers residents a space to unwind and relax
- A private fitness suite will be completed in 2019
- Landscaped gardens for residents to use
*First two years covered by Builder Warranty & NHBC Guarantee or similar. Years three to ten are covered by NHBC insurance or similar. Full exclusions and limitations can be found on the NHBC website. Available on virtually all of our developments
^Based on HBF star rating scheme from 2010 to 2017 derived from the NHBC national new homes survey (at eight weeks) over 90% of Barratt Developments PLC group customers would recommend our brands to a friendHBF results in the 2015/16 survey year where 8,152 customer responses were considered.
**'We', 'our', 'us' refers to the Barratt Developments PLC Group brands.