Hendon Waterside is seeing an exciting series of projects transform the landscape in West Hendon and the local area. The transformation, along with the multi-million pound rejuvenation of nearby Brent Cross and Cricklewood, will create a 'new gateway for London'.
West Hendon and Barnet will emerge as a modern, cosmopolitan and vibrant new urban quarter offering a fantastic lifestyle only a short distance from central London. The projects are being undertaken in partnership with Metropolitan Housing Trust, with support from the London Borough of Barnet.
A new gateway for London
The £0.5bn transformation will provide social, environmental and economic benefits for residents and the wider community.
- 30 acres of land is being redeveloped
- Over 2,000 new homes will be built – 10% wheelchair accessible
- New public open spaces and parks, set in beautiful, green surroundings
- Improved local amenities
- Estimated to be completed by 2027
- 1,000 new construction jobs
- New primary school and children's play areas
- Improved transport links and more parking
- An enhanced town centre with more shops and restaurants
- New community centre
We are committed to improving transport networks in the local community by donating towards the promotion of more sustainable modes of transport. Contributions will also be put towards improvements to the local Cycle Route Network.
Visit west-hendon.co.uk for more information about the regeneration of West Hendon.