When you buy at Upton Gardens, you are making a smart decision as homes are set to be a strong investment opportunity. Here are our reasons why Upton Gardens is a great place to buy.
1. Upton Park is value for money
- Property prices in Upton Park have increased by 10% vs last year*.
- The property price in Upton Park costs on average 16% less than neighbouring Forest Gate^.
- London Help to Buy is available on selected plots. You could afford to buy a Barratt London home with a 40% equity loan, 55% mortgage and only a 5% deposit.
2. Great transport links
Conveniently located in Zone 3, Upton Gardens is a six-minute walk to Upton Park Tube station, served by the District, Hammersmith and City lines, making access to Stratford and central London quick and easy. From 2019 the development will be even better connected to London, following the arrival of Crossrail at nearby Forest Gate and Manor Park.
- Reach Canary Wharf in 16 minutes
- Liverpool Street in 16 minutes
- Stratford in 11 minutes
- Kings College London in 30 minutes
- University of East London is 20 minutes by bus
3. Education opportunities
Upton Gardens is within easy reach of both the Stratford and Docklands campuses of the University of East London, offering teacher training and range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The University of London in Mile End, which specialises in business and science, is also within easy reach.
- Upton Cross and Elmhurst primaries are both rated “outstanding” by Ofsted and can be reached in under 10 minutes by car from Upton Gardens.
- Excellent secondary schools nearby include Brampton Manor Academy and Plashet School.
4. Local area
Newham was among one of the Boroughs which played host to the London 2012 Olympics, and as a result is currently benefitting from significant urban regeneration and infrastructure investment.
- Enjoy Upton Park’s bustling high street, Green Street with its colourful, eclectic shops, fruit and textile markets and bakeries.
- Queen’s Market is four minutes away, a covered street market famous for its affordable and exotic produce from Africa, Asia and the West Indies.
- Discover Roman Road market – just ten minutes away by Tube. You’ll find endless vintage fashion and homeware. But make sure you get there early to bag the best finds!
- Westfield Stratford, can be reached in 11 minutes from Upton Park Underground. A shopping and leisure destination following the London 2012 Olympics, including 332 stores to indulge in, a 17-screen Vue Cinema, All-Star Lanes bowling alley and an endless list of bars, pubs and restaurants from authentic Lebanese restaurant Mezze to Searcys Champagne Bar.
- Nearby bohemian Mile End is home to quirky artisanal cafés and independently owned restaurants.
5. We look after your home for the long term
Our on-site property management company, Barratt Residential Asset Management (BRAM), will manage and maintain the communal areas and surroundings at Upton Gardens.
6. Added piece of mind from a five-star house builder
Reassurance for the future because your new home will be covered by the ten-year NHBC Buildmark warranty, which gives you a ten-year structural warranty and a two-year fixtures and fitting warranty**.
7. A hassle-free move
A major advantage of buying new is there’s no upwards chain or structural survey to worry about. And when you buy at Upton Gardens, we offer further advantages that make your life easier.
- Our customer experience team is with you every step of the way for a stress-free move
- We can recommend independent financial, mortgage and legal advice
*Source: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/Upton-Park.html In the past year house prices in Upton Park were 10% up on the year before, house price data produced by Land Registry.
^Source: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/Upton-Park.html with an overall average property price of £364,433 in Upton Park and an average of £422,709 in Forest Gate.
**First two years covered by Builder Warranty & NHBC Guarantee or similar. Years three to ten are covered by NHBC insurance or similar. Full exclusions and limitations can be found on the NHBC website.
Regeneration programme underway in the local area, source: https://www.newham.gov.uk
Travel times stated are approximate, source: tfl.gov.uk