Barratt Developments PLC established a London business in 1982 and since then, our goal has been to provide more of the homes that London needs. We are proud to be contributing to the growth of London as a world-leading city through the delivery of 1,500 new homes each year.
Read on for a few more interesting facts about us.
- Over the last 10 years we have delivered over 14,400 new homes across the capital1
- We are on track to deliver 2,000 homes a year by 2021
- Working with affordable housing providers, we offer a range of homes across a mix of tenures, including shared ownership and social rented units
- Our business model is an end-to-end approach across the property lifecycle from land acquisition and planning, through design and construction, to marketing, sales and customer care
- We do everything in-house to retain the expertise and make our business efficient and effective
- We employ over 400 people
- Our business is structured across two divisions based in Brentford and Stratford
- The Barratt London Board has amassed almost seven decades of experience in the industry
- Barratt Developments PLC has been awarded the maximum 5 star rating every year since 2010 in the 2019 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey**
- Site Managers working for Barratt Developments PLC won 84 awards in the NHBC Pride in the Job Awards for 2019, more than any other major housebuilder for the 15th year in a row
- Barratt Developments PLC was a pioneer of the show home, the first house builder to use television advertising, the first to offer easy financing for the first-time buyer and the first to introduce Part Exchange deals for people looking to move home
1Correct as of March 2019
**Based on HBF star rating scheme from 2010 to 2019 derived from the NHBC national new homes survey (at eight weeks), over 90% of Barratt Developments PLC Group customer would recommend our brands to a friend. Our group brands include Barratt Homes, Barratt London and David Wilson Homes.