Barratt Developments PLC
Barratt Developments PLC has been building quality new build homes since 1958, and is recognised as one of the leading house builders in the UK.
Today, we have a network of 27 housebuilding divisions throughout Britain, selling new build homes under the Barratt London, Barratt Homes and David Wilson Homes brands.
- The first Barratt property development company was established in Newcastle upon Tyne
- The business grew steadily, laying the foundation for the growth that followed
- We were listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1968
- In 1972, a programme of rapid expansion followed, seeing a series of acquisitions and the creation of new companies – including the formation of Barratt London in 1982
- During the 1990s the Barratt Group grew organically, establishing an unrivalled track record of consistent growth
- In April 2007, Barratt acquired Wilson Bowden PLC
Barratt Developments PLC is the UK's largest housebuilder by volume and a FTSE 100 company.
Barratt London is a market-leading residential developer in the Capital.
Barratt Homes is the best known housebuilding brand in Britain, focusing on traditional housing, apartments and urban regeneration.
David Wilson Homes has a reputation for producing larger family homes.
Wilson Bowden Developments is a commercial property development business focused on retail, leisure, office, industrial and mixed-use schemes, operating across England, Scotland and Wales.