Barratt Developments PLC has been building quality new build homes since 1958, and is now recognised as the highest quality national house builder.
Today, we have a network of 27 housebuilding divisions throughout Britain, selling new build homes under the Barratt, David Wilson and Ward Homes brands.
- The first Barratt property development company was established in Newcastle upon Tyne
- The business grew steadily, laying the foundation for the growth that followed
- We were listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1968
- In 1972, a programme of rapid expansion followed, seeing a series of acquisitions and the creation of new companies
- During the 1990s the Barratt Group grew organically, establishing an unrivalled track record of consistent growth
- In April 2007, Barratt acquired Wilson Bowden PLC
Barratt Developments PLC is the UK's largest housebuilder by volume and a FTSE 100 company.
Barratt London became a standalone brand in January 2014 in celebration of the distinct nature of what we do across the Capital as one of the city’s largest residential developers.
Barratt Homes is the best known housebuilding brand in Britain, focusing on traditional housing, apartments and urban regeneration.
David Wilson Homes has a reputation for producing larger family homes.
Ward Homes operates in Kent and the South East.
Wilson Bowden Developments is a commercial property development business focused on retail, leisure, office, industrial and mixed-use schemes, operating across England, Scotland and Wales.