Barratt Developments PLC has been building quality new build homes since 1958, and is now recognised as the highest quality national house builder.
Today, we have a network of 27 housebuilding divisions throughout Britain, selling new build homes under the Barratt, David Wilson and Ward Homes brands.
- The first Barratt property development company was established in Newcastle upon Tyne
- The business grew steadily, laying the foundation for the growth that followed
- We were listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1968
- In 1972, a programme of rapid expansion followed, seeing a series of acquisitions and the creation of new companies
- During the 1990s the Barratt Group grew organically, establishing an unrivalled track record of consistent growth
- In April 2007, Barratt acquired Wilson Bowden PLC
Barratt Developments PLC is the UK's largest housebuilder by volume and a FTSE 100 company.
Barratt London is the market-leading residential developer in the Capital.
Barratt Homes is the best known housebuilding brand in Britain, focusing on traditional housing, apartments and urban regeneration.
David Wilson Homes has a reputation for producing larger family homes.
Ward Homes operates in Kent and the South East.
Wilson Bowden Developments is a commercial property development business focused on retail, leisure, office, industrial and mixed-use schemes, operating across England, Scotland and Wales.