Our Capital’s property market is predicted to remain a huge lure – both here and abroad¹. But it’s not just about investment opportunity. There are so many other reasons why now’s a good time to buy with us.
1. We’re helping London be an even better place to live
Our vision is to help make London an even better place to live and when you choose us, you are choosing the market-leading residential developer² in the Capital. We have over 30 years’ experience building and selling homes in London from state-of-the-art apartments and penthouses to riverside communities and mixed-use regeneration schemes.
- We provide homes for Londoners. In fact, in the last 30 years, we have sold over 30,000 homes³
- Barratt Developments PLC was a pioneer of the show home, the first house builder to use television advertising, the first to offer easy financing for the first-time buyer and the first to introduce Part Exchange deals for people looking to move home
- Our business model is an end-to-end approach from land acquisition to asset management
2. Over 90%⁴ recommendation for eight years
For the eighth year running, 90%⁴ of our⁵ customers said they would recommend us to their friends or family – the only major national house builder to be awarded the maximum five-star rating⁴, in the annual Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction survey in 2017. Here are some of the reasons why we think we deserved this award.
You receive a quality, brand new home
- When you buy with us, you can be sure you're getting a high-quality home with lower running costs and less repairs
- Lower your insurance premiums and save yourself time and money. Read more.
We offer London Help to Buy on many developments
- With interest rates at a low, now could be a great time to buy with the London Help to Buy scheme
Make your move easier with Movemaker
- Following independent valuations, we’ll agree a fair market value for your home
- An estate agent will then manage viewings and enquiries – we’ll even pay their fees
Putting you at the heart of everything we do
- Our customer experience managers are available to look after you from the moment you buy your new home.
- If you are overseas, we have an international desk to help you with a dedicated team of Sales Advisers who are fluent in Arabic, Russian, Turkish and Chinese
To register with us please call 0844 811 4334.
We offer a ten-year NHBC buildmark warranty on your new home for added peace of mind
- Your new home is covered by the ten-year NHBC Buildmark warranty
- Ten-year structural warranty and a two-year fixtures and fitting warranty⁶ as standard
We offer a two-year fixtures and fittings warranty
- Have peace of mind in your new home for the first two years
- If something goes wrong and it's covered by the two-year fixtures and fittings warranty⁷, we'll put it right
3. The right economic climate in our investor friendly Capital
The average house price index in Greater London has on average risen about 9.4% annually in the past 30 years⁸.
London is world-renowned for its stable and transparent political and legal structures. We rank 10th out of 159 countries for economic freedom⁹, a world-leader in financial services, banking, insurance, foreign exchange and bond trading.
- No restrictions on foreign buyers
- No ‘wealth taxes’ – property is freely transferable
- London offers an open social structure – it’s an easy move
- London is home to some of the finest schools and universities in the world, making it an attractive choice
- FTSE 100 index trading higher than pre-Referendum
- Sterling currency gradually rising again post-Referendum
4. Favourable exchange rates
Savings lessen every day as sterling recovers, so there’s a strong argument for buying sooner rather than later.
For overseas investors looking to purchase a property, the more affordable sterling has created an opportunity to make significant savings now.
5. Low interest and mortgage rates
As a nation, we’ve enjoyed years of low interest rates, making borrowing very affordable.
- In August 2016, the Bank of England reduced the base rate for the first time in over seven years to an historic low of 0.25%
- Mortgages are now more affordable – you may be able to get an interest rate as low as 1.44%¹⁰
6. Good rental return
In 2016, there was a shortfall in rental prices¹¹, and the capital is predicted to rise again with the average rent at £1,246 a month in January 2017, almost 3% or £37 a month less than the year before¹¹.
Rental prices are forecast to increase by a further 16% by 2018, due to projects such as the Crossrail, due to open in 2018.
7. Strong capital growth
Regeneration and gentrification in East and West London have helped achieve strong capital growth⁹.
Leading estate agents are predicting that due to the housing shortage in London, the price of a home could rise 25% by 2018, reinforcing that fact that now is the best time to buy¹².
8. Security of bricks and mortar
Investors are increasingly looking for international opportunities to invest other the bond and equity markets which can be unpredictable.
- Properties in London have provided steady returns
- London has proven its resilience, bouncing back strong from recession
- The huge property shortage and rising demand is predicted to continue
To register with us please call 0844 811 4334.
¹ According to The National 03-22-2017
² According to Wikipedia
³ Correct as of February 2017
⁴ In the annual Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction survey in 2016
⁵ Based on HBF star rating scheme from 2010 to 2017 derived from the NHBC national new homes survey (at eight weeks) over 90% of Barratt Developments PLC group customers would recommend our brands to a friendHBF results in the 2015/16 survey year where 8,152 customer responses were considered.
⁶ 'We', 'our', 'us' refers to the Barratt Developments PLC Group brands.
⁸ First two years covered by Builder Warranty & NHBC Guarantee or similar. Years three-ten covered by NHBC insurance or similar. Full exclusions and limitations can be found on the NHBC website. Available on virtually all of our developments.
⁹ Covered by Builder Warranty & NHBC Guarantee or similar
¹⁰ Correct as of February 2017, according to Nationwide’s House Price Index Report
¹¹ According to the Economic Freedom of the World 2016 Annual Report
¹² Correct as of January 2017
¹³ According to Homes and Property
¹⁴ According to This is Money 26-08-2014