If you want to make structural changes to your home, first check your restrictive covenants. Then:
- Check local planning laws and find out what you can and cannot do with your home. You should find this information on the website of your local council.
- In addition to any planning permissions and other legal requirements, we’ll also need to give approval for the change.
- Full details of the proposed change should be issued to our local divisional office, which will advise you further. A consent fee will be applicable to each application.
Typical changes that would require permission include:
- adding a conservatory to your home
- extending your home
- adding dormer windows into the loft space
- fitting solar panels on the roof.