New Homes in Essex
Bordering the coast of South East England on one side, and Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Kent inland, Essex also shares a boundary with London. That means new houses in Essex are hugely popular for their excellent access to the heart of the capital.
Whether you’re spending the day at the seaside with a trip to Clacton Pier, visiting castles like the one in Colchester, or enjoying the tranquility of Hatfield Forest, you’ve also got Stansted Airport in the county for those holidays abroad. So don’t miss our new homes in Essex and explore what’s available below.
- £376,995 to £619,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- LAST CHANCE TO BUY AT THIS DEVELOPMENT! High Elms Park offers a collection of thoughtfully designed 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes in Hullbridge. Join this established community today to benefit from amenities and transport links right on your doorstep with access to beautiful Riverside walks for you and the family to enjoy.
- £394,995 to £534,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- The Poppies in Aylesford offers a wonderful collection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. The picturesque Kentish village benefits from the convenience of local shops, pubs, schools and a thriving community atmosphere. All our homes on this development meet the latest building regulations, which set the standards for energy performance and carbon emissions. Click here to find out more. Move here and you’ll be just a short drive away from Maidstone and Rochester, plus you can enjoy beautiful views of the Kent Downs.
- £374,995 to £499,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Barratt Homes are proud to present one of our most prestigious developments, we have now completed over 45 homes and have started a community to be proud of. We have a fantastic range of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes available for you, whether you are beginning your house buying journey or taking the next step into a new home.
Live the Essex life
If you’re looking to live in a charming part of the South East which offers everything from quiet country villages to homes by the seaside and towns close to the heart of London, Essex could be the place for you. A diverse county with lots to discover, our latest offers page also presents you with plenty of opportunities. Don’t miss our Part Exchange scheme for one, through which we’ll help you sell your current home as part of your move.
Things to see and do in Essex
- Natural attractions including stunning beaches, country parks, and nature reserves.
- Cudmore Grove Country Park is a great spot for a sunny stroll, featuring historic ruins, beautiful beaches, and family-friendly attractions like Old MacDonald's Farm and Fun Park.
- Explore museums, galleries, castles, and cathedrals that offer enriching experiences rain or shine.
- Don't miss the opportunity to visit Clacton Pier, Thorndon Country Park, Mountfichet Castle, and Colchester Castle.
- London is easily accessible from Essex, allowing for additional exploration and access to a wealth of cultural, entertainment, and recreational opportunities.
Essex has a great selection of schools where you’ll be happy to send your children, including Lee Chapel Primary in Basildon, Harlow’s Hare Street Community Primary School and Nursery and Hinguar Community Primary in Southend-on-Sea. Quarry Hill Academy in Grays is another top option for younger kids, with all of these schools rated as outstanding by Ofsted. Likewise Westcliff High School for Boys Academy, Colchester County High School for Girls and Southend’s separate girls’ and boys’ high schools.
Essex transport links
- Essex boasts superb transport links. Locations like Brentwood and Hockley offer direct train services to London's Liverpool Street station, providing convenient access to the capital.
- The M25 passes through parts of the county's southern border, offering convenient road connectivity.
- The M11 motorway runs through the western region of Essex, providing further access to other parts of the country.
- The local council has made investments in sustainable travel infrastructure, promoting walking and cycling as viable transportation options.
The Essex property scene
From those links to London to desirable seaside spots and everything in between, Essex has a strong property market thanks to its popularly and setting. A great area to invest, you can also find some lovely new homes in places like Hullbridge just outside Hockley. With a brilliant collection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes over in Harlow too, don’t miss our Movemaker scheme if you need a helping hand with your move.
New Homes Offers & Schemes in Essex
Buying your new home with us means having access to a wide range of offers. You can opt for the Part Exchange or Part Exchange Xtra schemes; we cover the estate agent fees for you while we help you sell your current house. And if it doesn’t sell, we can be your guaranteed buyer.
More questions? You can find some of the most common queries answered here. Get in touch with one of our Sales Advisers today and find your dream Barratt home.