Golden Share - Scotland
Available on selected homes in and around Edinburgh, you could purchase your new home at 80% of its market value with Golden Share.
What is Golden Share?
Backed by The City of Edinburgh Council (“the Council”), Golden Share is an affordable housing scheme which allows you to purchase your new home at only 80% of its market value.
- The property price is capped at 80% of the market value for all future re-sales
- The maximum first sale price for a Golden Share home is £214,796
Both first time buyers and existing home owners can benefit from Golden Share, find out if you are eligible below.
Am I eligible to buy a Golden Share home?
To buy a Golden Share home, you need to meet the Council's following criteria:
- Have a local connection to the area that you wish to purchase in
- Be in need of a property of this size and unable to finance the purchase of a full market value property
- The home must be your sole and primary residence
If you meet the criteria, you will need to provide the necessary evidence to the Council so that they can assess eligibility. For full details, and terms and conditions of the Council's Golden Share scheme click here.
If you are eligible, the Golden Share scheme is available on selected plots at our Lime Grove development. Read on to find out more.
This is a development of 3 and 4 bedroom homes in the south of Edinburgh, a great location for commuters who enjoy both city and countryside living.
Find your new home today with Golden Share.