Barratt Homes has partnered with heylo housing, so now you could afford a brand-new Barratt home. Home Reach is a government-backed Shared Ownership scheme that allows you to buy a share of a new home and then pay an affordable monthly rent on the remaining share.
What is Home Reach?
With Home Reach, you just buy a share of the Barratt home that’s right for you.
Home Reach is a scheme that’s designed to make it easier for you to get on the property ladder and means those who previously couldn’t afford to buy, may now be able to. You just buy a share of the Barratt home that’s right for you and our partner company heylo will own the other share and act as your landlord.
You’ll pay them a low monthly rent for the part you don’t own. As time goes on, you can choose to increase your share in your home – up to 100% ownership.
Watch: Home Reach explained
Why Home Reach?
Smaller deposit requirements and low monthly payments make it easier to buy the home you’ve always wanted.
Make your home your own with the freedom to decorate and should you wish, you can also sell and move home at any time.
There’s a great range of Barratt homes to choose from across England.
Are you eligible?
Home Reach could allow you to buy a shared ownership home.
- Your household income does not exceed £80,000 per annum You have a deposit (at least 5% of the 50% share value).
- You are a first-time buyer or used to own a home, but cannot afford to buy outright now.
- You currently occupy a shared ownership property and are looking to move.
- The shared ownership property will be your principle and only home.
- You have passed a financial assessment, demonstrating you are financially able to purchase the minimum share value and support the monthly costs.