What is an Energy Performance Certificate?
Introduced in 2007, an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) tells you how energy-efficient your home is. It gives it a rating, estimates its carbon dioxide emissions and includes potential energy-saving improvements.
Do I Need an EPC?
If you buy your new home with us, we’ll provide you with the EPC, so you won’t have to pay for it.
What homes don't need an EPC?
- Resident landlords who only rent out a room
- Listed buildings
- Holiday homes let out for less than four months a year
- Temporary buildings used for less than two years
- Places of worship
- Agricultural buildings that don’t consume much energy
How can I obtain an EPC?
How long is an EPC valid for?
How much does an EPC cost?
How long does an EPC assessment take?
What does an EPC contain?
Current and potential energy costs
These costs are just for heating, hot water and lighting and don't include any additional energy costs from your home appliances.
Property energy efficiency rating
What do the EPC ratings mean?
The numbers in each rating reflect the government's Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) and go from 1 up to 100 SAP points. The bands are divided into scores as follows:
- EPC rating A: 92-100 SAP points (most efficient)
- EPC rating B: 81-91 SAP points
- EPC rating C: 69-80 SAP points
- EPC rating D: 55-68 SAP points
- EPC rating E: 39-54 SAP points
- EPC rating F: 21-38 SAP points
- EPC rating G:1-20 SAP points (least efficient)
All of our brand-new homes have either A or B ratings, meaning they are highly energy-efficient.
What can I do to improve my EPC
There are several ways you can improve your energy efficiency rating. Here's what you can do:
- Double glazing
- Solar panels
- Low-energy lighting
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) typically takes around 45 minutes to complete.
An EPC is valid for 10 years from the date of issue.
A good EPC rating for a house is A or B, which indicates high energy efficiency.
An EPC checks for the energy efficiency of a property, including factors such as insulation, heating systems, and lighting.
Our Offers to Help Get You Moving
Help to Sell
Low Deposit Offers