New homes in Mayfield
Found next to Dalkeith in Midlothian, Mayfield lies less than 10 miles from Edinburgh. With the capital of Scotland just a 20-minute drive away, new homes in Mayfield are only another 10 minutes from Livingston, while it takes a little less than an hour to get to Glasgow.
Whether you’re exploring Vogrie Country Park with its manor house, cafe and playground, admiring the spectacular views from the 14th-century Crichton Castle or spending the afternoon at Dalkeith Country Park, there’s plenty to keep you busy. Visit Midlothian House and take the kids to Edinburgh Butterfly and Insect World too; all with our new builds closest to Mayfield below.
- £295,995 to £321,995
- 2 and 3 bedroom
- A range of 2 & 3 bedroom duplex homes and apartments mean there are plenty of options for you to choose from. Just a few miles from Edinburgh city centre and on the doorstep to the A1, you can enjoy seaside living close to the picturesque Portobello beach. You'll not need to travel far for those daily essentials as you can find all of the local amenities Portobello has to offer on the high street.
- £399,995 to £445,995
- 4 bedroom
- Gilmerton Heights is a community of new homes in the south of Edinburgh, just 7 miles from the city centre. Choose your new home from a range of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes. If you are looking for semi-rural living that has great transport links and amenities in abundance nearby, then this is the location for you.
- £184,000 to £214,500
- 1 and 2 bedroom
- We have released a limited number of plots at Heron Bank on South Fort Street. Take a closer look at the apartments we have for sale available on The City of Edinburgh Council's Golden Share Scheme. Enjoy vibrant living in the bustling district of Leith with a fantastic array of amenities close by. Excellent commuter links mean you can walk to work or access main roads within minutes from your new home.
- £277,995 to £295,995
- 2 bedroom
- Located in the bustling district of Leith, Merchant Quay is a development of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Edinburgh city centre is just a 20-minute bus ride away, where you can enjoy an array of shops, bars, restaurants and leisure activities. Regular bus services can take you throughout Edinburgh and a new tram service travelling from Newhaven, through Leith to Edinburgh Airport is now live.
- £272,995 to £414,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- We are building a range of 3 & 4 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes, each with their own garden. With a great range of local amenities close by, these high quality homes are perfect for those looking to get on the property ladder or if you're looking for more space for your family to grow. For commuters, the development is next to the A1, allowing easy access to main road links. St Clements Brae and St Clements View are two phases of our St Clements development.
- £273,995 to £424,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- At St Clements View, we are building 3 & 4 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes, each with their own garden. You can enjoy city and country living with a multitude of countryside and costal parks nearby. There are a number of great transport and road links close by. St Clements Brae and St Clements View are two phases of our St Clements development.
- £469,995 to £592,995
- 4 bedroom
- Barratt @ West Craigs is a new community of family homes in north-west Edinburgh. There are plenty of local amenities nearby and on site; there will be a new school, health centre and nursery. The development is situated near the City Bypass which connects to other main road links across the central belt. There are also plenty of regular bus, tram and train services within easy reach.
- £265,995 to £427,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- With a mix of terraced, semi-detached and detached 3 and 4 bedroom homes, Caisteal Gardens is the perfect place to call home for first-time-buyers and families. Situated in the village of Winchburgh, the development is surrounded by the West Lothian countryside and a range of local amenities. Convenient for commuters, there are a number of transport links to Edinburgh, Glasgow and further north.
- £248,995 to £325,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Kingslaw Gait is located in the popular seaside town of Kirkcaldy where you will find a range of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Local amenities are not in short supply with plenty of shops, restaurants and leisure activities close by. Not to mention, an abundance of countryside parks, beaches and golf clubs are also in the area.
- £359,995 to £384,995
- 4 bedroom
- Be at the heart of where it's happening, at our development Harwood Park. Perfect for commuters with quick access to the M8 motorway and other main road links, meaning you can easily reach Glasgow and Edinburgh from your new home. With a range of stunning homes, this development has something to offer everyone, whether you are looking for your first home, or need more space for the family.
Whether you’re moving with your growing family or relocating for work, new homes in Mayfield have it all. Explore its excellent amenities, schools, transport links and nature reserves below.
The Mayfield communityBeing part of a new build community means high-quality housing, excellent amenities and a convivial atmosphere. You'll embark on a journey with your neighbours, fostering strong relationships when you buy your new Barratt home in Mayfield.
We keep your needs at heart when building our developments. Our homes are energy-efficient, sustainable and stylish. They feature double-glazed windows, modern locks and ample indoor and outdoor space. They're in safe neighbourhoods with well-lit, pedestrian-friendly streets, so you can walk around stress-free.
When moving to Mayfield, you'll also benefit from prime access to the local countryside. Our homes for sale are close to parks, nature reserves and scenic walking footpaths, perfect for a fun-filled family day out.
Education in Mayfield
Moving to Mayfield with your kids? New homes here enjoy excellent primary, secondary and further education institutions. Here are some of the best, according to Education Scotland.
|Mayfield Primary School
|Newbattle High School
|Centre for Open Learning
|Lawfield Primary School
|King's Park Primary School
|James Gillespie's High School
|Newtongrange Primary School
|Firrhill High School
|Tynewater Primary School
Amenities in Mayfield
New homes in this Scottish hub benefit from excellent family-friendly amenities, including nurseries, schools, leisure clubs and playgrounds. These include the following:
• Mayfield Post Office
• Newbattle Library
• Newbattle Leisure Centre
• Welfare Park
• Dougal Park
• Mayfield Easthouses Complex Pavilion
• Fort Kinnaird
• Craigmillar Shopping Centre
Transport links in Mayfield
If transport links are your priority, new homes in Mayfield could be what you’re after. Whether you prefer travelling by car, rail or bus, find some of the best commuting options below.
Sitting midway between the A7 and the A68, homes for sale in Mayfield offer direct access to Edinburgh, Galashiels, Carlisle and the Northumberland National Park. The M1 motorway is also nearby, linking the village to Newcastle, while the M8 motorway runs towards Glasgow.
Mayfield’s nearest railway stations are Newtongrange and Eskbank, served by ScotRail. The former provides services between Edinburgh and Tweedbank, while the latter has routes toward Bonnyrigg and Dalkeith.
Mayfield boasts excellent bus services. The 3 route links the community to the Scottish capital in an hour, while Portobello is also within reach via the 3 and 12 routes.
Nature to see in Mayfield
New homes in Mayfield are close to many beautiful nature spots, perfect for a relaxing stroll or an adrenaline-packed hike. Some of the best include the following:
• Pentland Hills Regional Park. Situated a short drive from Mayfield, the Pentland Hills Regional Park stretches from Edinburgh to Carlops for around 20 miles. Beautiful reservoirs dot the landscape, home to birds, mammals and rare flora.
• Vogrie Country Park. This pleasant park is found on Mayfield’s eastern outskirts and consists of around seven miles of public footpaths passing through the Tyne Valley. There is a café and plenty of kid-friendly activities, including pond dips and mini beasts hunts.
• Dalkeith Country Park. Dalkeith Country Park is north of Mayfield and covers 1,000 acres of open woodland. The park makes a brilliant family day, whether you want to unwind, explore, shop or eat. Take your kids to Fort Douglas Adventure Park or relax at the restoration yard.
• Northumberland National Park. Covering over 1,000 acres, Northumberland National Park is a haven for nature enthusiasts. It lies between the Scottish border and Hadrian's Wall and has many prehistoric monuments.
If you prefer a slower pace of life but still want to enjoy proximity to bustling hubs, new homes in Mayfield could be up your street. Browse our brand-new developments like The Strand @ Portobello and enjoy high-quality housing. Call our Sales Advisers to discover our home buying offers, and make your move today.