New Homes in Galashiels
If you dream of living in a stunning Scottish Borders town surrounded by breathtaking scenery, new homes in Galashiels could be perfect for you. Known as Gala to the locals, this town in southern Scotland is 30 miles south of Edinburgh, which is less than an hour’s journey by road or rail.
It takes a bit longer to get to Glasgow, while the same goes for hotspots like Newcastle in the North East of England. An unbeatable place to live if you love exploring picturesque natural landscapes, start your search below when you view our latest developments near Galashiels.
- £272,995 to £414,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- We are building a range of 3 & 4 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes, each with their own garden. With a great range of local amenities close by, these high quality homes are perfect for those looking to get on the property ladder or if you're looking for more space for your family to grow. For commuters, the development is next to the A1, allowing easy access to main road links. St Clements Brae and St Clements View are two phases of our St Clements development.
- £399,995 to £445,995
- 4 bedroom
- Gilmerton Heights is a community of new homes in the south of Edinburgh, just 7 miles from the city centre. Choose your new home from a range of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes. If you are looking for semi-rural living that has great transport links and amenities in abundance nearby, then this is the location for you.
- £273,995 to £424,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- At St Clements View, we are building 3 & 4 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes, each with their own garden. You can enjoy city and country living with a multitude of countryside and costal parks nearby. There are a number of great transport and road links close by. St Clements Brae and St Clements View are two phases of our St Clements development.
- £297,995 to £323,995
- 2 and 3 bedroom
- A range of 2 & 3 bedroom duplex homes and apartments mean there are plenty of options for you to choose from. Just a few miles from Edinburgh city centre and on the doorstep to the A1, you can enjoy seaside living close to the picturesque Portobello beach. You'll not need to travel far for those daily essentials as you can find all of the local amenities Portobello has to offer on the high street.
- £277,995 to £295,995
- 2 bedroom
- Located in the bustling district of Leith, Merchant Quay is a development of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Edinburgh city centre is just a 20-minute bus ride away, where you can enjoy an array of shops, bars, restaurants and leisure activities. Regular bus services can take you throughout Edinburgh and a new tram service travelling from Newhaven, through Leith to Edinburgh Airport is now live.
- £184,000 to £214,500
- 1 and 2 bedroom
- We have released a limited number of plots at Heron Bank on South Fort Street. Take a closer look at the apartments we have for sale available on The City of Edinburgh Council's Golden Share Scheme. Enjoy vibrant living in the bustling district of Leith with a fantastic array of amenities close by. Excellent commuter links mean you can walk to work or access main roads within minutes from your new home.
- £469,995 to £592,995
- 4 bedroom
- Barratt @ West Craigs is a new community of family homes in north-west Edinburgh. There are plenty of local amenities nearby and on site; there will be a new school, health centre and nursery. The development is situated near the City Bypass which connects to other main road links across the central belt. There are also plenty of regular bus, tram and train services within easy reach.
New Homes in Galashiels FAQs
Lying in the heart of the Scottish borders, Galashiels has its history rooted in the textile industry. Today it’s a busy town offering residents a selection of things to see and do, along with easy access to surrounding areas.
The town’s most impressive feature is its war memorial created by local sculptor Thomas Clapperton. It was built in memory of the 635 men from the town killed during the First World War.
The Old Gala House and Scott Gallery spans five centuries and has a fascinating history, being once home to the Lairds of Gala. It boasts a permanent collection plus areas for interesting temporary exhibitions throughout the year.
Those buying a new home in Galashiels will also be able to visit historic Abbotsford, which was home to the 19th century writer and romantic poet Sir Walter Scott, best known for works such as ‘Lady of the Lake’. Here you can discover the historic house and view a selection of fascinating objects. Its location on the banks of the River Tweed showcases the landscape that inspired the literary work of Scott. It also has a Family Play Trail which invites you to follow a path through trees and past an old woodcutter’s village and children will be delighted when they come across a house on stilts, activities and cradle swing. The highlight, however, is the wooden fortress to which the trail leads offering hours of fun.
Melrose Abbey is just over three miles from Galashiels. The ruins were originally an abbey founded in 1136 for David I. The surviving remains however, are from the early 15th century and are worth visiting just to witness their beautiful decoration and sculptures. It’s also the burial place of Robert the Bruce’s heart, which is marked with a stone plaque.
Galashiels has strong transport links whether you are travelling by road, bus or air.
For those arriving by road, three major routes link Galashiels to central Scotland and the north of England. It takes less than 60 minutes to reach Edinburgh, while Glasgow takes around 90 minutes to get to. Carlisle and Newcastle are also within easy reaching taking around one hour 25 and two hours respectively.
If you are using public transport, there is a strong network of buses with an hourly service to Edinburgh and daily service to Glasgow and Newcastle.
Galashiels has a train station which runs between Edinburgh Waverley and Tweedbank. Services to Edinburgh take around 50 minutes.
For those arriving by air, Edinburgh Airport is easily reachable in around one hour 25, Glasgow is reachable in just over two hours and Newcastle Airport can be reached in one hour 45.