Barratt Homes top tips on saving energy within your home:
1. Programme your heating. Many new builds come with a programmable room thermostat, but if your home does not have one, consider installing one, as these allow you to control when you want the heat to go on and what temperature you want in your rooms
2. Keep radiators clear of furniture - it reduces their efficiency
3. Draw the curtains or blinds at night and use draught-blockers for doors – this helps to reduce heat leakage
4. Consider living in a new build home, which can be up to 50% more energy efficient than an upgraded Victorian equivalent
5. If you have a loft, consider insulation. You could save energy by topping it up the thickness of the insulation from 100mm to the recommended 270mm
Learn more about how Barratt Homes keep you warm.
A wise move?
More than 1 in 8 homebuyers decide to buy a home before they even view it*.
Time well spent?
On average, British homebuyers spend only 25 minutes 30 seconds** viewing a potential property before making a decision. With the average UK home costing around £250,000, this decision amounts to approximately £9,804 per minute*** for a home some will own for an entire lifetime.
Main reasons for not spending more time viewing a property:
- 28% didn’t want to put off the vendor by spending too much time there
- 27% felt pressured by the estate agent
- 25% were uncertain as to how to arrange a further viewing
- 21% didn’t want to jeopardise the bid by spending too much time viewing the home
- 14% felt pressure from the homeowner/private vendor
- 10% lacked the time to spend longer
More time to decide
A Barratt homebuyer, on the other hand, can view their prospective home as many times as they like and on average spends 120 minutes**** doing so.
Help getting on the ladder
A 5% deposit on the Help to Buy scheme can make a Barratt home more affordable.
More home buying truths
You can download all our home buying truths as a PDF.
* to **** Click here to read all footnotes to this data.
Barratt Developments PLC has sold 14,838 homes in the year to June 2014, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain. Barratt Developments has been awarded a maximum five star rating every year since 2009 from the Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey. Site managers working for Barratt Group won 90 awards for quality workmanship in the 2014 NHBC Pride in the Job Awards. Barratt has won more Pride in the Job awards than any other housebuilder for the last ten years.