As the UK's most recommended housebuilder** we are committed to designing sustainable developments that our customers can enjoy for years to come. That's why we developed our 'Great Places' design principles which focus on designing and building pleasant and attractive developments that not only look appealing but that also contribute to the local area.
Through these design principles we ensure that we design sustainable places for the long-term. Aspects included in our designs are:
- Providing homes that meet local requirements, with no visible difference between tenure types.
- Designing streets and homes that reflect local natural and historical character.
- Easy access and transport connections to local employment and amenities.
- Green space and respect for plant and wildlife, areas for socialising, fostering a sense of community.
- Streets as safe and secure social spaces with equal priority for walkers, cyclists and motorists at safe speeds.
These principles are aligned to those of Building for Life, a government-endorsed kite mark for quality developments. We hold more Built for Life awards than all other major national housebuilders combined. Built for Life was endorsed in the Housing White Paper, so the government recognises its value.