The Barratt London Awards
*Competition is now closed for submissions.
Iconic landmarks. Must-see sights. Top tourist attractions. There’s plenty to do and see in London. But if you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle and try something a little different, where do you go?
Introducing the Barratt London Awards
As an established and trusted provider of London living, we’re creating a brand new award to shine a light on some of the city’s hidden gems. And we want your help.
From bars off the beaten track, unique boutiques to homegrown restaurants; tell us your favourites and you could both be a winner.
Nominate now for the chance to win a £500 John Lewis voucher
Nominate your favourite hidden gems in London, and you’ll be entered into our prize draw, where you’ll have the chance to win a £500 John Lewis voucher. Simply fill in the form here* before the 30th June 2019, provide the name and location of your hidden gem(s), and you could both be winners. Not only that, your nomination could be shortlisted for, and even win, a Barratt London Award.
*We’ll only use your details to contact you if you’re our winner.
For the inaugural Barratt London Awards, we’ve created 6 categories. Following the nominations period, each of these will list different lesser-known, local establishments. The categories are Dining, Cafe, Pub/Bar, Well-being Establishment, Entertainment Venue, and Retailer.
As this is the first ever Barratt London Awards, we have some special judges lined up to go through your nominations with a fine-tooth comb. Not only will they be reading your submissions
Terms and Conditions – Barratt London Awards Survey Prize Draw
1.The Promoter is: Barratt London, a brand of BDW Trading Ltd (company no. 03018173) whose registered office is at Barratt House, Cartwright Way, Forest Business Park, Bardon Hill, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 1UF.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: simply fill in the survey form to nominate your favourite London hidden gems which can be found on the Barratt London website.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be midday on 30thJune 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. Employees of the Barratt group and Prophecy Unlimited, their immediate family members or co-habitants or those judging the competition, are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control.
11. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
12. The Promoter retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available, without giving notice.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
14. The prize is as follows: £500 John Lewis voucher.
15. The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability.
16. Winners will be chosen at random, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
17. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
18. The Promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.
19. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
21. The winner’s name will be made available on the Barratt London website 28 days after closing date.
23. By entering the prize draw, you agree to the collection, retention and usage of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your prize draw entry.
24. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.