New homes in Calne
Offering an attractive location in the north-western reaches of the North Wessex Downs, Calne is a pleasant town in Wiltshire. Close to Chippenham and just 15 miles from Swindon, new homes in Calne are only a 40-minute drive from South West powerhouse Bristol. Bath, meanwhile, is even closer.
From morning strolls browsing the local market stalls to riverside walks and longer hikes through the Downs, this is an area with lots going for it. You can find out more about things like the local schools and transport links below, and don’t miss our latest developments near Calne too.
- £165,995 to £289,995
- 1 and 2 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Set in 200 acres of open space, Wichel Fields @ Wichelstowe is a development of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments and 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. On your doorstep, you will find Hall & Woodhouse, a lovely bar and restaurant overlooking the canal. There is also a Waitrose nearby. The M4 motorway is 3.2 miles away and you could find yourself in central London within 57 minutes on the fast electric railway.
- £227,995 to £355,995
- 2 and 3 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Set in 200 acres of open space, Orchards View is a development of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments and 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. On the development, you will find brand new play areas, sports pitches and allotments. There is also a Waitrose, primary & secondary school and the Hall & Woodhouse. Swindon train station is just 2 miles away, connecting you to central London within 57 minutes on the fast electric railway.
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more.Set within 32 acres of open space, Ladden Garden Village is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes in Yate. This new community will have 4 acres of new play areas, sports pitches and 4.5 kilometres of footpaths & cycleways for you to enjoy. Within walking distance you will find the town centre and if you want to travel further afield, Yate train station is under 3 miles away.
- From £470,000
- 4 bedroom
- Delamare Park is a small development of 4 & 5 bedroom homes in Nunney. Your new home will be surrounded by countryside where you'll be able to enjoy long walks and bike rides. There are also two play areas on the development. Commuters will be close to the A361, giving access to Wells and Bath.
- Somer Meadows is set within 7.8 acres of open space and is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes in the town of Midsomer Norton. This new community will have a brand new play area and footpaths for you to enjoy. Your new home will sit on the edge of the Somerset countryside, whilst only being 2 miles to the high street and local supermarkets. There is also a regular bus service, direct to Bath City Centre.
- £285,000 to £395,000
- 2 and 3 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more.River Meadow is a charming development of 2, 3, 4 & 5 bedroom homes in Stanford in the Vale. Your new home will be set in Oxfordshire countryside whilst being close to all your local amenities in nearby Faringdon. If you need to travel further afield, the A420 is 2.6 miles away, connecting you to Swindon, Oxford and the M4.
- Coming soon
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Set in plenty of open space, Brookside Meadows is a development of 1, 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes, near the historic market town of Wantage. Your new home is a short walk to local amenities and a local pub whilst Oxford is just 30 minutes away by car. For commuters, the M4 is nearby and you could find yourself in central London in under an hour, with Didcot Parkway railway station also a short drive away.
- £137,497 to £424,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Set within 15 acres of open space, Winnycroft is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. This new community will have two play areas, sports pitches and allotments for you to enjoy, as well as the Gloucestershire countryside on your doorstep. Within walking distance, you'll find two convenience stores and a local pub. The M5 and Gloucester train station are less than 4 miles away.
What is life like in Calne?Located on the River Marden in rural Wiltshire, Calne is a market town with lots to see and do, whether you’re exploring historic manor houses, shopping at independent boutiques or enjoying days out at local museums. If you’re a commuter, your new home in Calne is close to Chippenham and just a short drive away from Bath and Swindon, perfect for getting your work-life balance spot on.
What is there to see and do in Calne?
- Bowood House and Gardens: Explore the parkland, visit the manor house exhibits, and let the kids play at the adventure playground.
- Atwell Wilson Motor Museum: View an impressive collection of vehicles dating from the 1920s onwards.
- Take a walk through the trees, spot wildlife around the pond, and enjoy a breath of fresh air at Drews Pond Wood Local Nature Reserve
- Discover the scenic landscapes and picturesque countryside at North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- North Wilts Golf Club
- Visit nearby Chippenham for a shopping experience, with a variety of shops and cafes available. Don't miss Chippenham Museum and Heritage Centre.
- Explore Avebury Stone Circle, Silbury Hill, and the Alexander Keiller Museum, which offer insights into the region's rich history.
What is education like in Calne?
If you’re moving to the area with your family, it’s good to know that there are a number of excellent schools in Calne. Saint Edmund’s Roman Catholic Primary School, Derry Hill Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School and Malmesbury School are all rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, while independent schools include St Mary’s School, St Margaret’s School, Stonar School, Grittleton House School and Dauntsey’s School.
For higher education, Wiltshire College in Chippenham provides degree courses, while the top-rated University of Bath and Bath Spa University are only a short drive away.
How are the transport links in Calne?
- Calne is located on the A4 and is easily accessible from junction 16 and 17 of the M4.
- The journey from Calne to Chippenham takes approximately 15 minutes by car or 20 minutes by bus.
- Marlborough is a 25-minute drive away, Swindon can be reached in 35 minutes, Bath in 45 minutes, and Bristol in 55 minutes.
- While Calne doesn't have its own train station, Chippenham station is nearby. From Chippenham, you can travel to London by bus and train, which takes around one hour and 50 minutes.
- Bristol Airport is approximately one hour and 15 minutes away by car, and London Heathrow can be reached in about one hour and 25 minutes via the M4.
New home schemes & offers in Calne
Looking to relocate to Calne? With Barratt Homes, you’ll have access to unique schemes. Whether you’re a first-time buyer, want to sell your current home or are a key worker, we have an offer that suits you.
Our low deposit schemes are designed to help you buy your dream home without worrying about the deposit. We can boost it up and support you along the way. And if you’re part of the armed forces, we offer a 5% deposit contribution to help you get on the ladder.
Time for a change? Selling your home with our help to sell schemes is easy. You can forget about estate agent fees and enjoy your new home while we do the legwork. If you’re a key worker, you can benefit from our Key Worker Deposit Contribution scheme.
Browse our wide range of new homes in Calne and take advantage of fantastic offers for a stress-free move, just like you deserve. Whether you’re looking for your first home or a new home for your growing family, our South West property guide is here to help.