New Homes in Ely
One of the smallest cities in the UK, Ely rests predominantly on the western bank of the River Great Ouse in the East of England. Located within Cambridgeshire, houses in Ely are only around 15 miles from Cambridge itself and just under 30 from King's Lynn in the opposite direction along the A10.
Peterborough is a similar distance from Ely, while Norwich and Ipswich are both around 50 miles away and London is 70 miles to the south. You can take a look below to read more about the local area, as well as to browse our latest developments near Ely.
- £499,995 to £579,995
- 2 and 3 bedroom
- New contemporary 2, 3, 4 & 5 bedroom homes in Cambridge, with cycle routes to the centre in just ten minutes. Many homes will overlook green open space and be just moments away from the 15 acre central park. Join this growing community with a purpose built local centre, providing convenience on your doorstep. Benefit from excellent commuter links with easy access to the A14 and M11.
- Coming soon
- Located just 1.6 miles from the centre of Cambridge, you will benefit from modern amenities within walking distance including a central park which will feature 15 acres of open space along with sports pitches. Darwin Green offers you excellent road links, with both the A14 and M11 just minutes away and the ability to reach London Kings Cross from Cambridge by train in as little as 47 minutes.
- £223,995 to £415,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- New homes located on the edge of the popular market town of Whittlesey. Nearby to countryside, country parks and Fenland Aqua Park on your doorstep. Minutes from your home you can enjoy the independent eateries and pubs, a range of shops as well as a library and leisure centre. The town has excellent road links – with easy access to the A605, A1 and A47.
- £354,995 to £359,995
- 3 bedroom
- A range of 3 bedroom homes are for sale from our David Wilson Sales Office at the front of the development. Discover your new home with everything you need on your doorstep. With a school, parks and shops just moments away.
- £365,000 to £487,000
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Wintringham, St Neots is thriving community, ideal for those who want the best of both worlds – a quiet and serene lifestyle, where you are surrounded by a 9km cycling and walking route. Mixed with the ability to travel at a moment's notice, where St Neots train station is a 7-minute walk away, allowing you to reach London in under 40 minutes. St Neot's vibrant town centre is located only an 11-minute drive away, where the A1, A14 & A428 are all easily accessible. Contact our Sales Advisers on 01480 275781 or visit us today.
- £289,995 to £384,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- New 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes curved around Teardrop Lake, featuring surrounding green open space, footpaths, a cycleway and picnic tables. Located on the edge of the vibrant city of Peterborough, with a selection of shops and restaurants to enjoy nearby. Take advantage of the excellent commuter links with the A1, A15 and A47 close by. Plus, direct trains to London in as little as 50 minutes.
- £284,995 to £376,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Ceres rise is located just outside Swaffham, an attractive, family friendly Norfolk market town which sits in an area of natural beauty. Surrounded by countryside and with 30% of the development dedicated to green open space, it’s the perfect place to call home. You are in walking distance of the town centre, plus there is a convenient bus stop just outside Ceres Rise that takes you to Norwich or Kings Lynn. Take a virtual video tour today.
- £249,995 to £379,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Wayland Fields is surrounded by countryside and a stones throw from ancient woodland, Wayland Wood alleged site of the 'Babes in the Wood' legend. On the outskirts of the market town of Watton and a short drive from much desired Hingham, you have an array of amenities on you doorstep, some include supermarket, local butchers, cafe's, doctor's surgery, antique shops and bakery. Wayland Fields is perfect for those wanting rural living with easy access to A11 for London and the A47 for Norwich. Call in and see us today.
New Homes in Ely FAQs
Ely is a lovely Cathedral city in East Cambridgeshire. With independent boutique shopping, great cultural sights and good transport links to nearby towns and cities, including London; new homes in Ely are an ideal choice.
The city’s most iconic sight is Ely Cathedral, a lovely building with a history dating back to Norman times in the 11th century. Other places of historical interest include Oliver Cromwell’s House, which recreates life during the 17th century. Ely Museum is found in the city’s former prison, and brings local history to life with exhibits including original gaol cells, Roman remains and eel hunting equipment.
In the wider area, Burwell Museum, The Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey, and Prickwillow Drainage Engine Museum tell the story of The Fens. The Eel Trail is the city’s self-guided art tour.
Outdoor attractions and stately homes in the local area include the National Trust Wicken Fen and the National Trust Anglesey Abbey Gardens & Lode Mill. Other places of interest include the National Dragonfly Project in Wicken.
For sports fans, Sedgeway Equestrian Centre and Witcham Equestrian Centre are nearby, while neighbouring Newmarket is home to the National Horseracing Museum and Newmarket Racecourse. Mepal Outdoor Centre is popular activity centre in The Fens. The University of Cambridge train for the annual boat race on the River Great Ouse in Ely, while Ely City FC play at Unwin Sports Ground.
Alongside its independent shops, Ely has a number of markets including a regular and a Saturday craft market.
King’s Ely is an independent day and boarding school in the city, while higher education is provided nearby at the world-renowned institution, The University of Cambridge. Anglia Ruskin University also has a campus in Cambridge.
New Home Schemes & Offers in Ely
Looking to relocate to Ely? With Barratt Homes, you’ll have access to unique schemes. Whether you’re a first-time buyer, want to sell your current home or are a key worker, we have an offer that suits you.
Our low deposit schemes are designed to help you buy your dream home without worrying about the deposit. We can boost it up and support you along the way. And if you’re part of the armed forces, we offer a 5% deposit contribution to help you get on the ladder.
Time for a change? Selling your home with our help to sell schemes is easy. You can forget about estate agent fees and enjoy your new home while we do the legwork. If you’re a key worker, you can benefit from our Key Worker Deposit Contribution scheme.
Browse our wide range of new homes in Ely and take advantage of fantastic offers for a stress-free move, just like you deserve. Whether you’re looking for your first home or a new home for your growing family, our East of England property guide is here to help.