New Homes in Blaydon-on-Tyne
Whether you’re heading over to South Shields for a day on the coast or heading in the opposite direction to explore the spectacular scenery on offer in the North Pennines, Kielder Forest and Northumberland National Park, Blaydon is great for exploring. You can browse our latest developments near Blaydon-on-Tyne below, and discover more information about the local area.
- £326,995 to £359,995
- 4 bedroom
- New energy-efficient homes now launched on phase 2. Find out more here. Set within the charming village of Throckley, our Meadow Hill development offers you a selection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Although surrounded by green open space, the commuter access isn’t compromised with the A1 comfortably connecting you to Newcastle city centre. Whilst enjoying picturesque surroundings, growing families can take comfort in knowing there are well-regarded schools and opportunities for leisure activities close to home.
- £309,995 to £417,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Now over 50% sold, Sycamore Grove is an exclusive development of 72 homes surrounding green open space and mature trees situated in Walkergate. With 2 acres of the development retained for open space, you'll discover a collection of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes. Living here means you and your family can explore everything Newcastle has to offer with the city centre just 10 minutes from home. Or, why not explore the coast line with Tynemouth just 15 minutes on the Metro.
- Coming soon
- Welcome to Monkton Gardens, a stylish collection of 3 & 4 bedroom energy-efficient homes, in the flourishing town of Hebburn. Take a short walk into the town centre and you will be spoilt for choice with the great selection of shops, cafes and restaurants available, making this the ideal place for first-time buyers and couples. Families will also enjoy being close to a fantastic range of ‘Outstanding’ schools. Buying a new home here means you will have easy access to commuter links with 2 metro stations locally, as well as the A19 and A1 (M). Your new home will be close to the North East coastline and local parks, providing plenty of places to explore and days out to be enjoyed.
- £117,500 to £284,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Don't miss your last chance to buy at Bedewell Court, we're almost sold out. Our final 3 and 4 bedroom homes at this popular development are located off a tree-lined avenue in Hebburn. Surrounded by green open space with Campbell Park on your doorstep yet within easy reach of Newcastle city centre. Slightly further afield, you can enjoy coastal weekend walks at South Shields beach. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £224,995 to £379,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Located in the popular village of Cramlington, West Meadows @ Arcot Estate offers a collection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Living here means you can enjoy country walks at Northumberlandia, just minutes from your doorstep. As well as being a short drive, or walk from Manor Walks shopping centre and Cramlington train station. With local amenities, close access to the A19 and A1 and schools rated 'Good' nearby, West Meadows is the perfect place for your family to call home.
- £295,995 to £404,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Located in the semi-rural village of New Hartley, Church Fields is a new development of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Living here means you can enjoy country walks and scenic nature trails on your doorstep whilst being less than 20 minutes from Seaton Sluice, Whitley Bay and Tynemouth beaches. And with local amenities and highly rated schools close by, Church Fields is the perfect place for your family to call home.
- £139,995 to £409,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Don't miss your final chance to buy your new home at South Fields, we're over 95% sold! Just a few minutes’ drive from Morpeth town centre, you will discover our final phase of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. You will find a great choice of shops, restaurants and schools all within a short distance, which means the location is very popular with young professionals and families.Take a virtual tour of South Fields here ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £294,995 to £441,995
- 3, 4 and 5 bedroom
- Located just 2 miles away from Durham city centre, Old Durham Gate will soon be a beautiful new development offering a collection of 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes. Your new home is surrounded by a host of local amenities, including shops, cafes and restaurants. Families will also benefit from Ofsted rated 'Good' Laurel Avenue Primary School being close by, as well as Durham University only 6 minutes away. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- This development is now sold out. Find your nearest development here. Set in the village of Ryhope, Cherry Tree Park is a popular development of 3 bedroom homes. These high quality homes are great for those looking to get onto the property ladder or needing more space. You will find beautiful sea views, cycle trails and play areas all on your doorstep, which means this location is very popular with young professionals and families.
- £279,995 to £309,995
- 4 bedroom
- Burdon Green is a new development which offers the best of both worlds, located in the semi-rural community of Coxhoe yet perfectly positioned to the South East of Durham city centre. Enjoy beautiful country walks, scenic nature trails and an Ofsted 'Outstanding' primary school- all within close proximity to your new family home. With a host of local amenities close by, great transport links and a range of 3 and 4 bedroom homes to choose from, this is the perfect place to call home. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £249,995 to £324,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Take a virtual tour of Elwick Gardens here. Located within the sought after area of Elwick, this beautiful new development features a range of 3 and 4 bedroom family homes, perfect for growing families or first time buyers. Elwick Gardens offers fantastic commuter links to the A19, providing easy access to all major local towns and cities. Your new home is within easy reach of local amenities, including the town centre and the Marina. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £153,000 to £314,995
- 2 and 4 bedroom
- Highgrove at Wynyard Park features a range of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes situated in the popular village of Wynyard. This exciting development is surrounded by green open space and offers a fantastic lifestyle for first-time buyers and growing families alike. Living here, you will have countryside walks on your doorstep and excellent local amenities nearby.
- £169,995 to £309,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Situated in a popular area of Darlington, The Orchard at West Park features a collection of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Our high quality homes are surrounded by open space views and landscaping, whilst also being minutes from the A1(M). Families will also benefit from Ofsted rated "Good" schools close to home. Enjoy scenic walks at West Park nature reserve, with commissioned stone artwork, poetry play park and a bike track waiting to be explored.
Make the Move
Blaydon on Tyne - more often known simply as Blaydon - is a town 5 miles south east of Newcastle, and south of the River Tyne. With a population of around 14,000, new homes in Blaydon on Tyne benefit from being close to the region’s major towns and cities, with plenty to see and do in the local area.
Blaydon has good transport links by road and rail. The town is bypassed by the A695 to the north, linking with Hexham 20 miles to the west. Blaydon train station is connected to the Tyne Valley Line, operated by Northern Rail, and there are good bus links from Blaydon Bus Station, with regular services to Newcastle, Hexham and beyond.
The journey from Blaydon to Newcastle takes 15 minutes by car via Scotswood Road, 15 minutes by train or 20 minutes by bus.Durham is a 30 minute drive along the A1 and A167, while Sunderland can be reached in 30 minutes by car. Gateshead is 15 minutes by car via the A695.
London can be reached by train from Newcastle in three hours and 15 minutes. There are also regular flights from Newcastle Airport (15 minutes away) to London, lasting an hour and 15 minutes.
Places of interest
Sitting close to Newcastle, Blaydon shares many of the city’s places of interest - from historical sights to sporting attractions. There are a large number of museums in Newcastle, including the Discovery Museum, Centre for Life, The Great North Museum and Seven Stories, a children’s book museum. The Laing Art Gallery has a great collection of international art including British oil paintings, ceramics and glassware. There is also a learning area, and a space dedicated to under 5s.
There are plenty of outdoor attractions to enjoy, too. Gibside, near Gateshead, is an 18th century landscaped garden run by the National Trust with a restored Palladian Chapel, the ruins of a former Grand Hall and views of the Derwent Valley. Other parkland nearby includes Saltwell Park in the heart of Gateshead, which has 55 acres of landscaped Victorian gardens.
Other places of interest near to Blaydon include the world’s oldest railway at Tanfield and Newburn Activity Centre.
As a big footballing region, there’s no shortage of places to watch a game close to Blaydon on Tyne. St James’ Park is the home of Newcastle United FC, while Sunderland AFC play at the Stadium of Light. For fans of other sports, Durham County Cricket Club play in Chester Le Street, Newcastle Eagles play in the British Basketball League at Sport Central, and Newcastle Falcons play rugby union at Kingston Park.
Newcastle University and Northumbria University are both a short and easy journey from Blaydon, while Durham University is also within driving distance.
New Homes Offers & Schemes in Blaydon-on-Tyne
Buying your new home with us means having access to a wide range of offers. You can opt for the Part Exchange or Part Exchange Xtra schemes; we cover the estate agent fees for you while we help you sell your current house. And if it doesn’t sell, we can be your guaranteed buyer.
More questions? You can find some of the most common queries answered here. Get in touch with one of our Sales Advisers today and find your dream Barratt home.