New Homes in Tyne and Wear
Taking up a corner of the North East and boasting a long stretch of North Sea coastline, Tyne and Wear is a dynamic, exciting place to live. The county only shares two land borders - with Northumberland and County Durham - with new homes in Tyne and Wear available in a diverse collection of towns, cities and villages.
From regional powerhouse Newcastle to historic Durham and coastal Sunderland, the county’s heritage coastline and easy access to national parks makes it perfect for outdoor exploration. You can start planning your new life in this area right now, as you browse our latest developments in Tyne and Wear below.
- £309,995 to £417,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Now over 50% sold, Sycamore Grove is an exclusive development of 72 homes surrounding green open space and mature trees situated in Walkergate. With 2 acres of the development retained for open space, you'll discover a collection of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes. Living here means you and your family can explore everything Newcastle has to offer with the city centre just 10 minutes from home. Or, why not explore the coast line with Tynemouth just 15 minutes on the Metro.
- £233,995 to £284,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Don't miss your last chance to buy at Bedewell Court, we're almost sold out. Our final 3 and 4 bedroom homes at this popular development are located off a tree-lined avenue in Hebburn. Surrounded by green open space with Campbell Park on your doorstep yet within easy reach of Newcastle city centre. Slightly further afield, you can enjoy coastal weekend walks at South Shields beach. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- Coming soon
- Welcome to Monkton Gardens, a stylish collection of 3 & 4 bedroom energy-efficient homes, in the flourishing town of Hebburn. Take a short walk into the town centre and you will be spoilt for choice with the great selection of shops, cafes and restaurants available, making this the ideal place for first-time buyers and couples. Families will also enjoy being close to a fantastic range of ‘Outstanding’ schools. Buying a new home here means you will have easy access to commuter links with 2 metro stations locally, as well as the A19 and A1 (M). Your new home will be close to the North East coastline and local parks, providing plenty of places to explore and days out to be enjoyed.
- £224,995 to £379,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Located in the popular village of Cramlington, West Meadows @ Arcot Estate offers a collection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Living here means you can enjoy country walks at Northumberlandia, just minutes from your doorstep. As well as being a short drive, or walk from Manor Walks shopping centre and Cramlington train station. With local amenities, close access to the A19 and A1 and schools rated 'Good' nearby, West Meadows is the perfect place for your family to call home.
- £294,995 to £404,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Located in the semi-rural village of New Hartley, Church Fields is a new development of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Living here means you can enjoy country walks and scenic nature trails on your doorstep whilst being less than 20 minutes from Seaton Sluice, Whitley Bay and Tynemouth beaches. And with local amenities and highly rated schools close by, Church Fields is the perfect place for your family to call home.
- £326,995 to £374,995
- 4 bedroom
- New energy-efficient homes now launched on phase 2. Find out more here. Set within the charming village of Throckley, our Meadow Hill development offers you a selection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Although surrounded by green open space, the commuter access isn’t compromised with the A1 comfortably connecting you to Newcastle city centre. Whilst enjoying picturesque surroundings, growing families can take comfort in knowing there are well-regarded schools and opportunities for leisure activities close to home.
- £229,995 to £409,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Don't miss your final chance to buy your new home at South Fields, we're over 95% sold! Just a few minutes’ drive from Morpeth town centre, you will discover our final phase of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. You will find a great choice of shops, restaurants and schools all within a short distance, which means the location is very popular with young professionals and families.Take a virtual tour of South Fields here ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- This development is now sold out. Find your nearest development here. Set in the village of Ryhope, Cherry Tree Park is a popular development of 3 bedroom homes. These high quality homes are great for those looking to get onto the property ladder or needing more space. You will find beautiful sea views, cycle trails and play areas all on your doorstep, which means this location is very popular with young professionals and families.
- £294,995 to £436,995
- 3, 4 and 5 bedroom
- Located just 2 miles away from Durham city centre, Old Durham Gate will soon be a beautiful new development offering a collection of 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes. Your new home is surrounded by a host of local amenities, including shops, cafes and restaurants. Families will also benefit from Ofsted rated 'Good' Laurel Avenue Primary School being close by, as well as Durham University only 6 minutes away. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £279,995 to £309,995
- 4 bedroom
- Burdon Green is a new development which offers the best of both worlds, located in the semi-rural community of Coxhoe yet perfectly positioned to the South East of Durham city centre. Enjoy beautiful country walks, scenic nature trails and an Ofsted 'Outstanding' primary school- all within close proximity to your new family home. With a host of local amenities close by, great transport links and a range of 3 and 4 bedroom homes to choose from, this is the perfect place to call home. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £249,995 to £324,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Take a virtual tour of Elwick Gardens here. Located within the sought after area of Elwick, this beautiful new development features a range of 3 and 4 bedroom family homes, perfect for growing families or first time buyers. Elwick Gardens offers fantastic commuter links to the A19, providing easy access to all major local towns and cities. Your new home is within easy reach of local amenities, including the town centre and the Marina. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £153,000 to £314,995
- 2 and 4 bedroom
- Highgrove at Wynyard Park features a range of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes situated in the popular village of Wynyard. This exciting development is surrounded by green open space and offers a fantastic lifestyle for first-time buyers and growing families alike. Living here, you will have countryside walks on your doorstep and excellent local amenities nearby.
- £169,995 to £309,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Situated in a popular area of Darlington, The Orchard at West Park features a collection of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Our high quality homes are surrounded by open space views and landscaping, whilst also being minutes from the A1(M). Families will also benefit from Ofsted rated "Good" schools close to home. Enjoy scenic walks at West Park nature reserve, with commissioned stone artwork, poetry play park and a bike track waiting to be explored.
What is like to move in Tyne and Wear?
Located in the North East of England, Tyne and Wear encompasses the areas immediately north and south of the River Tyne with lively cities, seaside towns and cultural sights to explore, new homes in Tyne and Wear are very popular.
We offer some amazing homes for sale in Tyne and Wear. There are a range of 2, 3, 4, & 5 bedroom houses include a range of developments in and around Barnard Castle, Blakelaw, Gateshead, Hebburn, Jarrow, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Stockton-on-tees, Sunderland, Washington,
How are the transport links in Tyne and Wear?
Tyne and Wear is served mainly by A roads with only two small sections of motorway; the A194(M) west of Washington and the A167(M) at Newcastle. The area has good rail links, while the Tyne and Wear Metro connects Newcastle with Sunderland, South Shields and North Shields.
A journey from Newcastle to North Shields takes 15 minutes by car or 40 minutes on the Tyne and Wear Metro Yellow Line. There is a ferry service between North Shields and South Shields, which runs every 30 minutes and takes 7 minutes to cross the river.
South Shields to Sunderland is 20 minutes south on the A1018, while Sunderland to Newcastle is 25 minutes via the A184, 30 minutes on the Tyne and Wear Metro Green Line or 20 minutes by train.
The train to London from Newcastle takes three hours and 15 minutes, and there are regular flights from Newcastle Airport (19 minutes away) - the region’s only airport - to London which last around one hour and 15 minutes.
What is there to see and do in in Tyne and Wear?
Newcastle is filled with cultural and historical sights, with highlights being the Discovery Museum - a science and natural history museum - and the Life Science Centre. There are also guided tours through Victoria Tunnel, a 19th century waggonway which runs beneath the city.
Beyond Newcastle, North Shields has the Stephenson Railway Museum, Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens has hands-on exhibits and interactive media, while Gateshead is home to the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art.
For a taste of the great outdoors, Jesmond Dene is set in a narrow wooded valley, and provides a wildlife corridor straight through Newcastle. Gibside is a National Trust site with 18th century landscaped gardens and views of the Derwent Valley. Other places of interest include Herrington Country Park in Sunderland and South and North Marine Parks in South Shields.
Tyne and Wear also has beautiful coastal areas. Longsands Beach in Tyneside is popular year-round, while Roker and Seaburn Beaches provide seaside fun in Sunderland. St Mary’s Island off the coast of Whitley Bay is home to a wide selection of marine and bird life.
The Arts are everywhere in Tyne and Wear, with Newcastle playing host to the Theatre Royal and Tyne Theatre and Opera House. There’s also the Sunderland Empire Theatre, Sage Gateshead concert venue, and Tyneside cinema - an independent cinema in Newcastle.
The most popular sport in Tyne and Wear is football. St James’ Park is the home of Newcastle United FC, and Sun
derland AFC play at the Stadium of Light.
What are the educational facilities like in Tyne and Wear?
Tyne and Wear is home to Newcastle University and Northumbria University.
New Homes Offers & Schemes in Tyne and Wear
If you make your move with us, you’ll be able to choose from great offers and schemes.
With the Part Exchange scheme, we help you sell your existing home and pay your estate agent fees. In case it doesn’t sell, we can be your guaranteed buyer. Our Home Reach scheme could be ideal for you if you’re trying to get on the property ladder. Whatever your unique requirements, we are by your side.
Want to learn more about buying a property in the North East? Check out our North East property buying guide. Browse our vast selection of new homes in Tyne and Wear below and get in touch today.