New Homes in Wideopen, Tyne And Wear
Monkton GardensLukes Lane, Hebburn, NE31 2BJ
- Coming soon
Whether you're looking for a new area for your family or relocating for work, homes for sale in this vibrant hub have it all. Learn about Wideopen’s amenities, high-quality education, transport links and nature reserves below.
The Wideopen communityConsidering moving to Wideopen? Buying your new home in this thriving village means enjoying all the comforts of high-quality housing. Our developments are energy-efficient, sustainable and modern.
We build with the needs of home buyers in mind. Our properties are in safe neighbourhoods with well-lit, pedestrian-friendly streets. Most encourage a 20mph speed limit, perfect for spending time outdoors stress-free. All our homes are close to parks, walking and cycling trails, ideal for families.
Enjoy excellent amenities, schools, shops and green spaces on your doorstep when you buy your new Barratt home.
Education in Wideopen
Homes for sale in Wideopen enjoy outstanding primary, secondary and further education institutions. Whether you're relocating with your family or want to learn new skills, find some of Ofsted's best-rated schools below.
|Greenfields Community Primary School||Cramlington Learning Village||Skills North East|
|Hazlewood Community Primary School||Gosforth Academy||TDR Training Limited|
|Dinnington First School||Percy Hedley School||Tyne North Training Limited|
|Grasmere Academy||Hopespring Newcastle||University Centre Quayside Limited|
|Burradon Community Primary School||Longbenton High School|
Amenities in Wideopen
The Wideopen community boasts many great amenities, including a library, local shops, leisure clubs and parks. Some of these include the following:
• Wideopen Library
• Wideopen Post Office
• Gosforth Shopping Centre
• Kenton Park Shopping Centre
• Ponteland Leisure Centre
• Woodlands Hall Community Centre
• Lockey Park
• Richardson Dees Park
Wideopen transport links
New homes in Wideopen boast efficient transport links, ideal for travelling to work or exploring neighbouring areas. See below for the best options.
Arriva Sapphire provides most bus connections to Newcastle and the surrounding areas via the 43, 45, X21 and X22 routes.
Nature to see in Wideopen
Whether you're planning your next hike or want to enjoy a relaxing stroll, new homes in Wideopen promise beautiful countryside. Some of the best nature spots include the following:
• Weetslade Country Park. This former colliery site is home to various habitats, such as wildflower meadows, grassland, scrubs and woodland. Wildlife includes grey partridge, otters and kingfishers. Several walking trails pass through the park and are suitable for all experience levels.
• Gosforth Nature Reserve. Home to over 1,500 wildlife species, Gosforth Nature Reserve is a haven for nature enthusiasts and makes a fun day out. Explore expansive stretches of woodland, wetland and reedbed along the scenic walking trails.
• Big Waters Nature Reserve. Big Waters has several habitats, including the region's largest subsidence pond. It’s the perfect place for birdwatchers, hikers and nature lovers.
• Northumberland National Park. Northumberland National Park stretches between the Scottish border to Hadrian's Wall, covering about 400 square metres. There are many archaeological sites here, including prehistoric monuments and Roman ruins.
Browse our brand-new developments in Wideopen, like West Meadows @ Arcot Estate and Meadow Hill, and enjoy unique home buying offers. Call our Sales Advisers today to make your move.