New homes in Methil
Occupying an excellent spot along the east coast of Scotland, on the opposite shore of the Firth of Forth to Edinburgh, Methil is a 50-minute drive from the capital city. A similar journey from Perth and closer to Dundee and Dunfermline, new homes in Methil are an hour’s drive from the historic city of Stirling.
With lots more history right on your doorstep, as well as miles of coastline and some superb beaches to explore, this is a stunning part of the UK to call home. You could do just that when you pick out one of our latest developments near Methil, which you can see below.
- £248,995 to £325,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New – Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Kingslaw Gait is located in the popular seaside town of Kirkcaldy where you will find a range of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Local amenities are not in short supply with plenty of shops, restaurants and leisure activities close by. Not to mention, an abundance of countryside parks, beaches and golf clubs are also in the area.
- £277,995 to £295,995
- 2 bedroom
- Located in the bustling district of Leith, Merchant Quay is a development of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Edinburgh city centre is just a 20-minute bus ride away, where you can enjoy an array of shops, bars, restaurants and leisure activities. Regular bus services can take you throughout Edinburgh and a new tram service travelling from Newhaven, through Leith to Edinburgh Airport is now live.
- £184,000 to £214,500
- 1 and 2 bedroom
- We have released a limited number of plots at Heron Bank on South Fort Street. Take a closer look at the apartments we have for sale available on The City of Edinburgh Council's Golden Share Scheme. Enjoy vibrant living in the bustling district of Leith with a fantastic array of amenities close by. Excellent commuter links mean you can walk to work or access main roads within minutes from your new home.
- £297,995 to £321,995
- 2 and 3 bedroom
- A range of 2 & 3 bedroom duplex homes and apartments mean there are plenty of options for you to choose from. Just a few miles from Edinburgh city centre and on the doorstep to the A1, you can enjoy seaside living close to the picturesque Portobello beach. You'll not need to travel far for those daily essentials as you can find all of the local amenities Portobello has to offer on the high street.
- £273,995 to £424,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- At St Clements View, we are building 3 & 4 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes, each with their own garden. You can enjoy city and country living with a multitude of countryside and costal parks nearby. There are a number of great transport and road links close by. St Clements Brae and St Clements View are two phases of our St Clements development.
- £272,995 to £414,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- We are building a range of 3 & 4 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes, each with their own garden. With a great range of local amenities close by, these high quality homes are perfect for those looking to get on the property ladder or if you're looking for more space for your family to grow. For commuters, the development is next to the A1, allowing easy access to main road links. St Clements Brae and St Clements View are two phases of our St Clements development.
- £399,995 to £445,995
- 4 bedroom
- Gilmerton Heights is a community of new homes in the south of Edinburgh, just 7 miles from the city centre. Choose your new home from a range of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom terraced, semi-detached and detached homes. If you are looking for semi-rural living that has great transport links and amenities in abundance nearby, then this is the location for you.
- £469,995 to £592,995
- 4 bedroom
- Barratt @ West Craigs is a new community of family homes in north-west Edinburgh. There are plenty of local amenities nearby and on site; there will be a new school, health centre and nursery. The development is situated near the City Bypass which connects to other main road links across the central belt. There are also plenty of regular bus, tram and train services within easy reach.
- £179,995 to £339,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Located in the bustling cultural city of Dundee, within the established Mains Loan community, is an exciting new development of quality energy-efficient apartments and homes. You have a fantastic choice of 3 to 4 bed detached, semi-detached and terraced homes or modern 2 bed apartments. If you’re looking for a great lifestyle with a range of schools, work and leisure amenities and handy transport connections all within reach, register now to learn about all the offers.
- £265,995 to £427,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- With a mix of terraced, semi-detached and detached 3 and 4 bedroom homes, Caisteal Gardens is the perfect place to call home for first-time-buyers and families. Situated in the village of Winchburgh, the development is surrounded by the West Lothian countryside and a range of local amenities. Convenient for commuters, there are a number of transport links to Edinburgh, Glasgow and further north.
- £319,995 to £384,995
- 4 bedroom
- Huntingtower is a vibrant, growing family friendly community on the outskirts of Perth. Explore the final phase, Castle View at Huntingtower, a popular collection of quality and energy efficient 3 and 4 bedroom homes, perfect if you're looking to join or move up the property ladder. Ideally located off the A85, your new home will be well connected to the city centre and beyond, and surrounded by beautiful countryside to enjoy. Register today and book your appointment to explore our offers.
- £314,995 to £384,995
- 4 bedroom
- Be at the heart of where it's happening, at our development Harwood Park. Perfect for commuters with quick access to the M8 motorway and other main road links, meaning you can easily reach Glasgow and Edinburgh from your new home. With a range of stunning homes, this development has something to offer everyone, whether you are looking for your first home, or need more space for the family.
Live the life
Located on the Scottish coast within commuting distance of Edinburgh, Methil is a thriving town with lots for the whole family to see and do in the local area. Whether you’re exploring beaches, visiting historic sites or taking the kids for a day of family fun, there’s something for everyone close to your new home in Methil.
Things to see and do
Methil is a seaside town, close to the beautiful Leven Beach and Promenade as well as Ravenscraig Park and Yellowcraig. If you like to get active, Fife is also home to the Michael Woods Sport and Leisure Centre, while there are lots of opportunities to go horse riding nearby at The Scottish Equestrian Centre, Barbarafield Riding School and Kilconquhar Castle Equestrian Centre.
For families with young children, there are plenty of places to explore with the children close to your new home in Methil, including The Scottish Deer Centre, Fife Heritage Railway and Muddy Boots, while Edinburgh is near enough for day trips into the city for a spot of retail therapy.
If you’re interested in historic events, you can find out more about Methil in times gone by at the Heritage Centre, Scotland’s Secret Nuclear Bunker, and the Scottish Fisheries Museum. Other places of interest in the local area include Festival Gardens, Riverside Park and Craigtoun Country Park.
If you have school-age children, Methil is home to Aberhill Primary School, Methil Primary and Community School, and Kirkland High School. For older kids and adults thinking about studying for a degree, the University of St Andrews and the University of Dundee School of Nursing and Midwifery are both within commuting distance. If you don’t mind longer travel times, Edinburgh’s universities are also within reach of the town.
Getting to Methil
Located close to the A915, Methil has good transport links by road, with quick commuting times to Fife, St Andrews and beyond. Although there’s no train station in the town, there are rail services available nearby in Kirkcaldy and Markinch.
From both Fife and Kirkcaldy, the journey to Methil takes around 20 minutes, while the drive from St Andrews and Dunfermline takes 30 minutes depending on traffic. If you’re travelling to the town from Edinburgh, the journey takes around one hour five minutes via the A92. The trip from Glasgow takes slightly longer, with a journey time of one hour 15 minutes via the M80.
If you’re going on holiday, Edinburgh Airport is only a 45 minute drive from Methil, so the start of your holiday will be quick and hassle-free.