New Homes in Stroud
Sitting in the South West not far from the Severn Estuary, Stroud is a market town in Gloucestershire. Surrounded by the beautiful Cotswolds, houses in Stroud are less than 10 miles south of Gloucester, while Bristol is around a 40-minute drive down the M5.
Known for its local cafe culture, this is a great place to live if you love being outdoors. From central open spaces like Stratford Park to Sladebank Woods on the edge of town, and the Museum in the Park; you’ve also got Swift’s Hill, Lypiatt Park, Standish Wood and the Severn Canal on your doorstep. You’ve come to the right place if you want to see our latest developments close to Stroud.
- £132,497 to £424,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Set within 15 acres of open space, Winnycroft is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. This new community will have two play areas, sports pitches and allotments for you to enjoy, as well as the Gloucestershire countryside on your doorstep. Within walking distance, you'll find two convenience stores and a local pub. The M5 and Gloucester train station are less than 4 miles away.
- From £429,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Set within 32 acres of open space, Ladden Garden Village is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes in Yate. This new community will have 4 acres of new play areas, sports pitches and 4.5 kilometres of footpaths & cycleways for you to enjoy. Within walking distance you will find the town centre and if you want to travel further afield, Yate train station is under 3 miles away.
- £254,995 to £469,995
- 2 and 4 bedroom
- Whittle Gardens is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. Set within 64 acres of open space, you can enjoy 4km of footpaths & cycle trails, sports pitches, a skate park and a community centre with local amenities. You'll be just 3.8 miles from the vibrant city of Gloucester and the M5 can be reached in 10 minutes.
- £265,995 to £399,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Forest Grove is a collection of 3 & 4 bedroom homes close to the Wye Valley. This development is near an area of outstanding natural beauty. Families can enjoy the two play areas and a community park, as well as shops, activities and amenities nearby. Enjoy walks around the River Wye, with great commuter links to the A40.
- £316,500 to £316,995
- 4 bedroom
- Merlin Gate is a collection of 3 & 4 bedroom homes in Newent. Surrounded by open space and countryside views, this community is just a short drive away from Newent Lake and the Forest of Dean. Families will enjoy the two play areas, as well as great transport links to the M5 for commuting.
- £272,995 to £390,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Welcome to Brunel Quarter, set on the banks of the River Wye in Chepstow. Here you will find a range of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes in a peaceful riverside setting. On the development there are three play areas, a Riverside Park and plenty of open space. There are great commuter links to the A48, and Chepstow train station is a short walk away.
- £370,995 to £417,995
- 4 bedroom
- Please note the sales office is now closed until Thursday 29th February; for enquiries call Hannah on 01531 631177. In the picturesque market town of Ledbury - we have our last few homes now remaining. Hawk Rise consists of a range of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes, ideal for both first time buyers and families looking for more space. With tranquil countryside to the West, the bustling city centre of Hereford to the East, and easy access to the M50 motorway close by, there is a great selection of things for you and your family to do nearby.
- £227,995 to £355,995
- 2 and 3 bedroom
- Set in 200 acres of open space, Orchards View is a development of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments and 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. On the development, you will find brand new play areas, sports pitches and allotments. There is also a Waitrose, primary & secondary school and the Hall & Woodhouse. Swindon train station is just 2 miles away, connecting you to central London within 57 minutes on the fast electric railway.
- £165,995 to £289,995
- 1 and 2 bedroom
- Set in 200 acres of open space, Wichel Fields @ Wichelstowe is a development of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments and 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. On your doorstep, you will find Hall & Woodhouse, a lovely bar and restaurant overlooking the canal. There is also a Waitrose nearby. The M4 motorway is 3.2 miles away and you could find yourself in central London within 57 minutes on the fast electric railway.
- £364,995 to £489,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Set within 5 acres of open space, Parish Brook is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. Here you can enjoy brand new cycle paths and two new play areas on the development. Your new home will be on the edge of the North Somerset countryside, whilst only being 6 minutes from supermarkets and high street shops. Nailsea & Backwell train station and the M5 can be reached in under 15 minutes.
- Somer Meadows is set within 7.8 acres of open space and is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes in the town of Midsomer Norton. This new community will have a brand new play area and footpaths for you to enjoy. Your new home will sit on the edge of the Somerset countryside, whilst only being 2 miles to the high street and local supermarkets. There is also a regular bus service, direct to Bath City Centre.
What is life like in Stroud?
With a desirable Cotswolds location, lots of great ways to spend your time and excellent transport links, Stroud is also a popular place for families thanks to its excellent schools. You can read more about the local area below, while you should head over to our to discover more about incentives like our scheme.
What is there to see and do in Stroud?
The centre of Stroud is a wonderful place to spend some time, offering everything from historical landmarks such as the Subscription Rooms and the local parish church, to a collection of bars, restaurants, shops and leisure facilities such as a bowling alley. Open spaces include Stratford Park, which is equipped with pretty gardens, a lake and even a museum.
You’ll find Painswick Rococo Garden just north of town, while Swift’s Hill is to the east and the place to go for spectacular views across the local area. Whether you’re climbing Coaley Peak or going for long walks and bike rides through delightful Cotswolds landscapes, this is a brilliant spot to live if you love being outdoors.
What is education like in Stroud?
There are some great schools in and around town, including Stroud High School. This is an outstanding state grammar for girls, while the nearby Marling School is for boys. Neighbouring Stonehouse provides another option in the form of Maidenhill School, along with Eastcombe’s Thomas Keble School.
If your kids are a little younger, Uplands Community Primary is also classed as outstanding by the education board. Stroud Valley Community Primary, Rodborough Community Primary and the Rosary Catholic Primary are also good choices.
How are the transport links in Stroud?
Stroud is only half an hour’s drive along the M5 from Bristol, making the town popular among commuters to the city. It’s also a great place to live if you work in Gloucester, which is an even shorter journey along the A4173. The town also has plenty of local buses and a train station off Rowcroft, while Birmingham and Bristol’s international airports are both within an hour’s drive.
What is the Stroud property scene like?
This is a great area to invest in, with plenty of solid growth seen across the town in recent years. House prices in Stroud are higher than the national average, which is influenced by its excellent stock of semi and detached homes.You’ll find both of these types of properties along Grove Lane in Stonehouse, which is only a few miles west of Stroud and offers superb access to the M5. With lots of new houses also available closer to Bristol, don’t forget to ask your adviser about offers like our scheme when you give us a call to book your appointment.
New home schemes & offers in Stroud
Looking to relocate to Stroud? With Barratt Homes, you’ll have access to unique schemes. Whether you’re a first-time buyer, want to sell your current home or are a key worker, we have an offer that suits you.
Our low deposit schemes are designed to help you buy your dream home without worrying about the deposit. We can boost it up and support you along the way. And if you’re part of the armed forces, we offer a 5% deposit contribution to help you get on the ladder.
Time for a change? Selling your home with our help to sell schemes is easy. You can forget about estate agent fees and enjoy your new home while we do the legwork. If you’re a key worker, you can benefit from our Key Worker Deposit Contribution scheme.
Browse our wide range of new homes in Stroud and take advantage of fantastic offers for a stress-free move, just like you deserve. Whether you’re looking for your first home or a new home for your growing family, our South West property guide is here to help.