New Homes in Pontyclun
If you want to live on the edge of some of South Wales’ best scenery yet retain excellent transport links, new homes in Pontyclun could be for you. With great access to the M4 motorway and just over 10 miles from Cardiff and Newport, Pontyclun is also close to Bridgend and only around 30 miles from Swansea.
Whether you’re more interested in the commuter connections, the allure of the coast to the south or the wild mountainous landscapes to the north, this is a wonderful part of Wales to call home. You can do just that when you pick out one of our new build homes closest to Pontyclun below.
- £281,500 to £365,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Introducing Parc Fferm Wen, a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes in St Athan. Here you will be next to green open fields and just a short drive from the picturesque Welsh Coast. Families will enjoy the play areas on site, just a short walk away from your new home. There are close links to Barry and Cardiff which will be great for commuters.
- Current phase sold out. Register your interest for future releases.Harbourside @ The Quays is a new development in Barry offering 4 bedroom homes. Situated on Barry Waterfront, our energy-efficient homes offer scenic waterside views in a great location. Barry Island and the town centre are within walking distance, plus commuters will enjoy great rail and road links.
- £254,995 to £284,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Set within 4.8 acres of open space, Brue Place is a development of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes in Highbridge. Here you will find a brand new play area for all the family to enjoy and a proposed new primary school. Within walking distance you will find shops, places to eat and a pharmacy. Also on your doorstep is the West Somerset Coastline, which is perfect for enjoying the outdoors.
- £364,995 to £489,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Set within 5 acres of open space, Parish Brook is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. Here you can enjoy brand new cycle paths and two new play areas on the development. Your new home will be on the edge of the North Somerset countryside, whilst only being 6 minutes from supermarkets and high street shops. Nailsea & Backwell train station and the M5 can be reached in under 15 minutes.
- £259,995 to £262,995
- 3 bedroom
- Surrounded by open fields, you'll find a range of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes at Pentref Llewelyn in Penllergaer, Swansea. You can enjoy green open space and a children's park on the development, and the waterfalls of Penllergaer Valley Woods are within walking distance.
What is life like in Pontyclun?
Located in Rhondda Cynon Taff, close to Cardiffin South Wales Pontyclun is a large commuter village with a growing community and great transport links. If you’re looking for a friendly rural place to live with easy access to the city, a new home in Pontyclun could be the right choice for you and your family.
What is there to see and do in Pontyclun?
Although Pontyclun is a village there are still lots of things to see and do in the local area, whether you’re browsing artwork and buying handmade gifts at Giles Gallery or snapping up preloved furniture and retro clothes at The Vintage Country Market.
The Royal Mint Experience is only a short drive away from Pontyclun, where you can find out how coins are made. St Fagans National Museum of History is also close by where you can discover Wales through the ages at the popular open air building.
For a little retail therapy, you can take the train into Cardiff where you’ll find high street and designer stores at St David’s Shopping Centre, or independent boutiques in the arcades. Alternatively, you can grab yourself a bargain at McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Bridgend or shop local at the family-run stores in Cowbridge.
Other attractions within driving distance of Pontyclun include Castell Coch, Dyffryn Gardens, Rhondda Heritage Park and Cottrell Park Golf Resort.
What is education like in Pontyclun?
If you’re moving to the area with children, it’s good to know there are several ‘good’ schools as rated by Welsh regulator Estyn, including Pontyclun Primary and Ysgol Gynradd Gymunedol Gymraeg Llantrisant. For secondary education, Y Pant Comprehensive is rated ‘excellent’.
For older children, Cardiff University, Cardiff Metropolitan University, the University of Wales and the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama are all within commuting distance of Pontyclun, ideal if they want to live close to home while studying for a degree.
How are the transport links in Pontyclun?
Pontyclun is well-connected to nearby towns and cities by both road and rail, making it a popular place for commuters to live. The journey to and from Cardiff takes 25 minutes by car or train, while the journey to Pontyclun from Bridgend takes 25 minutes by car or 30 minutes by train. The village is a 20 minute drive from Pontypridd, and a 30 minute drive from Newport.
To get to London, the journey takes two hours 50 minutes by car or two hours 40 minutes by train, changing once in Newport. When it’s time to get away for a well-earned holiday, Cardiff Airport is just a 30 minute drive away from Pontyclun.