New Homes in Bishops Lydeard
Set into picturesque South West countryside and offering a rural way of life, the village of Bishops Lydeard is a wonderful corner of Somerset to call home. Only around five miles from the centre of Taunton, houses in Bishops Lydeard are also close to surrounding spots like Wellington and Bridgwater.
Bristol is around 40 miles from town, while Yeovil is even closer and also commutable by car. Whether you’re planning on going for walks in the local area, hiking in the nearby Quantock Hills or spending the day at the seaside, don’t miss our developments closest to Bishops Lydeard below.
- £254,995 to £284,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more.Set within 4.8 acres of open space, Brue Place is a development of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes in Highbridge. Here you will find a brand new play area for all the family to enjoy and a proposed new primary school. Within walking distance you will find shops, places to eat and a pharmacy. Also on your doorstep is the West Somerset Coastline, which is perfect for enjoying the outdoors.
- Current phase sold out. Register your interest for future releases.Harbourside @ The Quays is a new development in Barry offering 4 bedroom homes. Situated on Barry Waterfront, our energy-efficient homes offer scenic waterside views in a great location. Barry Island and the town centre are within walking distance, plus commuters will enjoy great rail and road links.
- £281,500 to £365,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Introducing Parc Fferm Wen, a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes in St Athan. Here you will be next to green open fields and just a short drive from the picturesque Welsh Coast. Families will enjoy the play areas on site, just a short walk away from your new home. There are close links to Barry and Cardiff which will be great for commuters.
- £269,995 to £384,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New – Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Located on the edge of Alphington, Victoria Heights is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. There's a play area and plenty of open space to enjoy. Exeter city centre is just 10 minutes away with restaurants, bars and plenty of things to do. Dawlish Warren and Exmouth beach can be reached within half an hour.
- £364,995 to £489,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more.Set within 5 acres of open space, Parish Brook is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. Here you can enjoy brand new cycle paths and two new play areas on the development. Your new home will be on the edge of the North Somerset countryside, whilst only being 6 minutes from supermarkets and high street shops. Nailsea & Backwell train station and the M5 can be reached in under 15 minutes.
What is life like in Bishops Lydeard?
Located in Somerset just a short commute from Taunton, Bishops Lydeard is a rural village surrounded by countryside yet within easy reach of towns and cities. Whether you’re walking up hills, taking the kids to wildlife parks or discovering times gone by at local museums, there’s something for the whole family to enjoy close to your new home in Bishops Lydeard.
What is there to see and do in Bishops Lydeard?
The village itself is home to Bishops Lydeard Mill and Rural Life Museum, while other places of historical interest nearby include Sheppy’s Cider Farm and Museum, the Museum of Somerset and Somerset Cricket Museum in Taunton.
If you love getting out in the great outdoors, you can explore the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, walk through the gardens at the National Trust’s Fyne Court, or go on a cycle ride through Great Wood. Exmoor National Park is also within driving distance of the village, where you can go hiking and biking.
Other places of interest nearby include Tropiquaria Wildlife Park, Wiveliscombe Open Air Pool, Vivary Golf Course and The Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre.
What is education like in Bishops Lydeard?
For families moving to the area, it’s good to know Bishops Lydeard is close to a number of excellent schools. Parkfield Primary School and The Castle School are both rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, while Taunton Preparatory School, The King’s School and Taunton School are independent.
Taunton is home to Somerset College, which runs courses with Plymouth University and The Open University, while the University of Exeter is also within commuting distance by car.
How are the transport links in Bishops Lydeard?
Bishops Lydeard is well-connected by road, and although there’s no train station in the village, there is one nearby in Taunton. To get to Bishops Lydeard from Taunton, the journey takes just 15 minutes by car, while the journey from Minehead takes 35 minutes and the drive from Exeter takes around 50 minutes. From Bristol, the journey to Bishops Lydeard takes one hour 10 minutes.
Travelling further afield, the journey to London takes three hours by car or just two hours by direct train to Paddington from Taunton station. When it’s time for a well-earned break, you can get to Bristol Airport in just 50 minutes by car.