New Homes in Chard
Located in near the county’s border with in , Chard is a small town that lies around 15 miles south west of . A little closer to to the north, you can drive to in around 40 minutes from new homes in Chard.
you’re browsing the exhibits and artwork at the local museum, going for walks
around the reservoir on the edge of town, or visiting the former Cistercian
monastery, Forde Abbey, you’ve also got the stunning Blackdown Hills on your
doorstep. A lovely part of England, you can browse our developments near Chard
- £254,995 to £284,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Set within 4.8 acres of open space, Brue Place is a development of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes in Highbridge. Here you will find a brand new play area for all the family to enjoy and a proposed new primary school. Within walking distance you will find shops, places to eat and a pharmacy. Also on your doorstep is the West Somerset Coastline, which is perfect for enjoying the outdoors.
- £269,995 to £384,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Located on the edge of Alphington, Victoria Heights is a development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. There's a play area and plenty of open space to enjoy. Exeter city centre is just 10 minutes away with restaurants, bars and plenty of things to do. Dawlish Warren and Exmouth beach can be reached within half an hour.
Chard is a quaint town in Somerset, nestled between the Blackdown Hills and Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The town’s unique feature is a stream running along both sides of Fore Street. One stream flows into the Bristol Channel while the other reaches the English Channel.
Whether you fancy a bike ride through the Blackdown Hills AONB or a shopping-filled day in Exeter, new homes in Chard could be up your street. Learn about its amenities, education, commuting links and nature spots below.
The Chard community
Want to be part of a lively, new build community? Chard is the place to be. You'll find an exciting activity calendar and friendly neighbours to enjoy it with. Buying your new home means embarking on a journey with the local community and fostering strong relationships.
We always keep the needs of buyers in mind. That's why our developments are in safe and welcoming neighbourhoods with well-lit, pedestrianised green zones. They boast proximity to local amenities, including shops, nurseries, parks and leisure centres. They're also energy-efficient and sustainable, so you can keep maintenance costs down while helping the environment.
Education in Chard
Hoping to further your education? Chard has an excellent education system, according to Ofsted. We’ve listed some of the best primary, secondary and further education institutions below to help you make an informed decision.
|Manor Court Community Primary School
|The Redstart Primary School
|Axe Valley Academy
|Somerset SCITT Consortium
|Tatworth Primary School
|Combe St Nicholas Church of England VA Primary School
|Somerset Progressive School
|Herne View Church of England Primary School
Amenities in Chard
Homes for sale in Chard are close to fantastic local amenities, from shopping centres and leisure clubs to parks and nature reserves. These include the following:
• Chard Post Office
• Crowshute Centre
• Peacocks Chard
• Chard Leisure Centre
• 1610 Chard Fitness and Wellbeing Centre
• Chard Hockey Club
• Chard Rugby Club
• Snowdon Park
Transport links in Chard
If you commute to work, you'll be pleased to know that Chard boasts excellent transport links. Below are several convenient travel options within the area and further afield.
The A358 passes through Chard’s town centre, linking it to Taunton in the north and Musbury in the south.
Chard's nearest train station is Crewkerne, about nine miles east of the town. South Western Railway provides all services between Exeter and London Waterloo.
First Bus provides hourly connections to Taunton via routes 30 and 99. South West Coaches provides services to Yeovil via Crewkerne.
Nature to see in Chard
This charming spot in the South West promises glorious swathes of open countryside. Whether you fancy a long hike or a gentle stroll with the family, find the best nature spots in the area below.
• Blackdown Hills AONB. Stretching along the Somerset-Devon border, the Blackdown Hills have been an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty since 1991. This Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) has evidence of human occupation since the Iron Age and fortifications from the Second World War.
• Wayford Woods. A stone's throw from Chard, Wayford Woods has several family-friendly walking trails. Spot the local wildlife or enjoy a picnic surrounded by the beautiful countryside.
• Kingcombe Meadows Nature Reserve. Step back in time to this unique working farm, where flower-rich grassland, hedgerows and wet woodlands meet. The nature reserve is home to rare wildlife and flora.
• Axe Valley Wildlife Park. Looking for somewhere to visit with the kids? Axe Valley Wildlife Park promises a fun-filled day out. Meet mammals, birds and reptiles and enjoy a range of exciting activities.
Our new developments near Chard enjoy access to beautiful countryside and amenities on your doorstep. Browse our Nerrols Grange and Moorland Gate sites, or discover our home buying offers to help you move. Whether you're just getting on the property ladder or buying your second home, we're here to make it happen.