Take a second to relax while moving house
Moving home – whether you’re a first time buyer or an experienced homeowner – can trigger some level of stress. Despite it being an incredibly exciting time, there are many elements that go into moving. And keeping on top of them all can sometimes become a little overwhelming. So if you find yourself needing to relax while moving house, our soothing videos will help diminish some of the stress and help you look forward to your new build journey.
The bedroom is the perfect place to unwind, relax and reflect. So take a second to imagine yourself curling up with a good book, watching a film or simply taking a moments rest in your new bedroom. This time to yourself will help put everything into perspective and give you a chance to recharge.
Spending time with the family, unwinding while cooking and eating delicious food is something you can look forward to in your new kitchen. It will soon be a great place to escape and forget about the worries of the day. Your brand new kitchen will be the hub of the home, full of love and laughter.
Helpful tips for your move
Looking to alleviate some of the stress when moving into your new home? Follow our tips below for an easy way to stay on top of your new build journey.
- Organise your tasks – writing a list of everything that needs to be done throughout the journey will help you keep on top of things
- Prepare early – it’s easy to leave things until the last minute. But getting things moving earlier on in the process will help to reduce stress
- Document everything – making a folder of all letters, documents files etc. will ensure that everything is in order and that you’re less likely to lose anything
- Seek help from friends and family – no one can move on their own, so don’t be afraid to ask for help. The more help you have, the easier it will be
Discover more with Barratt Homes
For more help and guidance during your new build journey, read our articles for peace of mind when moving home:
- How to spend the first night in your new home
- House buying jargon explained
- 10 questions to ask when buying a home
- Getting finances in order when buying a new home
- Mistakes to avoid for first-time buyers
- Are your finances in shape? Getting mortgage fit in 2019
- 10 factors to help you decide where to live
- Why buying a new home could be right for you